Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part balooning

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
BartS83
288 Views, 3 Replies

Part balooning

Hi,

In my journey of becoming an Inventor expert, i'm encountering a small challenge which I can't seem to find the answer of on the internet. So that's why I'm hoping to find an answer here... 🙂

I'd like to balloon a part in a drawing, but when I try to do that, I shows the assembly number in which the part is placed. I've seen some posts about changing the assembly to a 'ghost' part, but that is not what I want.

There seems to be one opportunity to get the settings right, and that is when i'm ballooning the very first part. When i do that, I get a screen with 'BOM properties' In that screen, I can set the BOM View to 'Parts only'. But when I want to set these settings later, I can't find these setting anymore.

Is there anybody who can help me with this?? I'd be very appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!

Kind regards

Bart Sijm

ZTI Mechatronincs

Netherlands

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: BartS83

See if this helps you..

http://grabcad.com/questions/tutorial-adding-sub-assembly-parts-to-an-assembly-parts-list

Then if you place the subassembly into its own sheet and use that base view for the parts list on that sheet you don't have the problem either. 

Personally though...I ALWAYS use a separate drawing for each part, each subassembly, each assembly,etc... and I would NEVER do a ballooned bom like you are trying to do.. Yes people do it for various reasons but its almost always the wrong way to do it.. Again my personal opinion here..

There are a few reasons why.. 

#1-If any of the parts/subs,etc.. are reused then you don't have to keep recreating the drawing over and over again to detail that for that specific project.

#2-If that one drawing gets corrupt you have a lot of time into it and ALL is lost. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
dlmsdm1

Agree with mcgyvr, separate drawing for each assembly/part is the only way to go. As you build a library of parts, the less you have to re-create for every job.
But if you have to do it your way, you need to delete the parts list and balloons and start the balloon process over.
Message 4 of 4
salariua

Bart,

You need to delete all balloons AND Parts List table. When you try to place a balloon or the table again it will prompt for the structure level you want.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report