Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

tottenhof
Message 1 of 2 (334 Views)

Parameters in weld symbols

334 Views, 1 Replies
03-12-2012 10:22 AM

I am creating a weldment that is controlled using parameters that are linked to an Excel spreadsheet (using Inventor 2012). One of my parameters is the size of the weld bead. I am able to add the parameter to change the visible size of th fillet and groove welds but am unable to have the weld symbols update to show the parameter value. Does anyone know how to add the parameter to the weld symbols? Or is this not possible?

Valued Mentor
jeanchile
Message 2 of 2 (327 Views)

Re: Parameters in weld symbols

03-12-2012 11:26 AM in reply to: tottenhof

You might try this:

1.) When you create the weld in IV there is an option to show the weld symbols somewhere (on my phone right now so this is the best info I have). Make sure the weld symbols are there.

2.) Retrieve the weld symbols in your drawings directly from the model.

I may be wrong but this should have your excel sheet drive the weld feature, the weld feature drive the symbol, the model symbol drive the drawing symbol and then everything should work (in theory, I've never done this exact thing).

Good luck.

Inventor Professional 2013 (SP-2.3), Product Design Suite Ultimate
Desktop: Intel Core i7 3.4GHz, 16.0 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate SP-1, 64-bit OS, (2) GeForce GTX 580 (331.81), Space Pilot Pro (3.16.1)
Laptop: Intel Core i7 3.9GHz, 16.0 GB RAM, Windows 7 Pro SP-1, 64-bit OS, GeForce GTX 780 (331.81), SpaceNavigator (3.17.7)
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!