Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter Links

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kellyhoyer
200 Views, 3 Replies

Parameter Links

I would like to use the Link function in the parameters dialog and point it to an .xls file full of numbers so that I can get the part that I'm drawing to change length.

I have created an .XLS file with a single row of numbers, starting at A1.

I have gone into my parameters dialog and added the .XLS file through the Link feature. It regenerates and creates a folder in the parameters area, but has no fields underneath. It is empty.

I most be missing something. I have followed to the detail what the help menu is telling me to do.

Help, please.

Kelly Hoyer
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: kellyhoyer

there a check box that causes Inventor to only show parameters that are in use, is that checked off? The other thing could be that you have your parameters in the wrong format, it should be 1) parameter name 2)value 3) unit 4) comments "kellyhoyer" wrote in message news:25784172.1100287778324.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... >I would like to use the Link function in the parameters dialog and point it >to an .xls file full of numbers so that I can get the part that I'm drawing >to change length. > > I have created an .XLS file with a single row of numbers, starting at A1. > > I have gone into my parameters dialog and added the .XLS file through the > Link feature. It regenerates and creates a folder in the parameters area, > but has no fields underneath. It is empty. > > I most be missing something. I have followed to the detail what the help > menu is telling me to do. > > Help, please. > > Kelly Hoyer
Message 3 of 4
kellyhoyer

Thank you for your response.

Are you saying that my data has to be in a certain format in Excel? If so, could you or someone attach perhaps a dummy excel file so that I can see the required format.

I'm still getting nothing. I know about the check box.

Thank you.

Kelly Hoyer
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Your spreadsheet must be setup like the Parameters Dialog, except different. (Why different is something that has been strange from the beginning) Wherever you specify the "Start" cell, the sheet NEEDS to be in this format: First Column -Parameter Name. Second Column -Value Third Column -Units Fourth Column -Comments (optional) The difference is that the Value and Units columns are reversed between the Parameters Dialog and a setup spreadsheet. As soon as IV sees a space anywhere in this "block" of data, it will stop looking/linking the cells. This means you can have "calculating" data in tables or whatever on top, the side, or the bottom of the "block" as long as at least one empty cell/row seperates the linked block of data between the other reference data. QBZ "kellyhoyer" wrote in message news:6415149.1100292217504.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Thank you for your response. > > Are you saying that my data has to be in a certain format in Excel? If so, could you or someone attach perhaps a dummy excel file so that I can see the required format. > > I'm still getting nothing. I know about the check box. > > Thank you. > > Kelly Hoyer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report