Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter format not honored

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
karthur1
323 Views, 5 Replies

Parameter format not honored

I would like to include a user parameter from my model in the idw.  I can place the user parameter in the dimension text.  The parameter is formatted as a fractional dimension in my parameters list, but it does not display that way in the idw.  I dont see any way of changing it either.

2012-12-17_1302.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
blair
in reply to: karthur1

If it changed your entered decimal text to a fraction, either stacked or diagonal, then the text editor would be smart enough to correct spelling at the same time.

Those settings currently only work with parameters being read into the text box and not for user entered text.

It would be nice if it did, maybe in IV2018.....

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 6
karthur1
in reply to: blair

@Blair wrote:

Those settings currently only work with parameters being read into the text box and not for user entered text.

NO, they don't currently work with parameters being read into a text box....  I didnt enter any text, this value was read from the model parameters.  Look at the image.  If I had entered the "122.25" text, it would not be highlighted.

Currently, the leading zero only works with dimension text.  I know "how" it works, I am just pointing out something that was left "half-baked" when they implemented the leading zero.

I would like to see both the decimal and fractional format for the precision as well as a box to include the leading zero.  I have the same issue with formatting columns in an idw parts list.  NO means of including the leading zero here either.

Message 4 of 6
blair

Sorry, it looked like a text string from the picture and not a parameter.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 6
jtylerbc

Can you Export the parameter, format its Custom Property format to Fractional and the desired precision, then insert the resulting custom iProperty instead?

It's an annoying extra step, but I've gotten around things similar to this before by doing that.

Edit:

Wait, nevermind.  I just realized you're doing this in a dimension text.  Pretty sure the method I described doesn't work in that case.

Message 6 of 6
LT.Rusty
in reply to: jtylerbc

@jtylerbc wrote:

Can you Export the parameter, format its Custom Property format to Fractional and the desired precision, then insert the resulting custom iProperty instead?

It's an annoying extra step, but I've gotten around things similar to this before by doing that.

Nope.  That was my first thought too, but unfortunately in this case you can't pull in iProperties, only parameters.

Rusty

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report