Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter driven simulation?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kmckenney
561 Views, 4 Replies

Parameter driven simulation?

Can Dynamic Simulation drive multiple variables with a single parameter?
In the following example, the variables len_A and len_B are driven by size.
The parameter "size" varies from .8 to 1.2 (currently I have size parameters in a Multi-Value List).

parameters.png

Is there a way Dynamic Simulation can drive the "size" parameter to animate the assembly?
I plan to use Dynamic Simulation's Output Grapher to Plot a Trace of the triangle's apex as A and B vary in length.
The example assembly is attached.

triangle.png

I am asking for your help because I have looked at many simulation and animation tutorials and haven't found how to do this. I appreciate your suggestions.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: kmckenney

You should state what version of Inventor you are using (especially when you are using an old version) as you are otherwise likely to get solutions you can't open.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
kmckenney
in reply to: JDMather

I am using Inventor 2012.

Message 4 of 5
henderh
in reply to: kmckenney

Hi kmckenney,

Dynamic Simulation treats all bodies as rigid, so it cannot vary the size of a component / sketch dimension.

But, we can accomplish what you're after, if we break up a sketch line component into two components in a flexible sub-assembly...similar to actuator.  You would drive the length in a prismatic joint using the input grapher, using imposed motion of the position.

I attached an example assembly for you.

Hope this helps!  Please let us know if you have any further questions, comments or suggestions.

Flexible_Subs_DS.png

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)
Message 5 of 5
kmckenney
in reply to: henderh

Hugh,
Thank you for the detailed explanation. Your method worked great.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report