Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paint ommission in IDW

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
344 Views, 4 Replies

Paint ommission in IDW

In my IDW (IV R11) I have a brazed assembly of parts. The assembly gets painted but certain sections/ areas are to be masked off and be free of paint. In ACAD I would draw a hatch to indicate what areas are free of paint and callout a leader indicating this. What method would you use to do this in Inventor IDW?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Sounds like you could use the same method in Inventor.
Can you post an example set of files.

Click on the red view boundary to make active and hit s on the keyboard. Sketch and hatch your area (project geometry to locate the area - Done).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

i just figured it out. Sketch in IDW and hatch region. Never had a instance where I needed to do this. Thanks anyway.
Message 4 of 5
mcgyvr

I model the unpainted/masked section in the part files. By creating a sketch for the unpainted area and using the split command. Then I can apply a different color to that area. Then in the drawing you can show that area easily.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I thought about doing something like that. I'll keep that in mind since we have a lot of instances that I'll need to do this at this new place im working.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report