Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pack up Content Center?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Jaychale
160 Views, 1 Reply

Pack up Content Center?

I've spent quite a lot of time here at work customizing our content center, and it occured to me that I should see if I can copy the whole thing and take it home.

How would I go about packing that up?

It is vault based, at work we use INventor 2014

At home I'm still running 2013, I could see that being a problem, but we might upgrade both to 2015 soon, so I could wait for that.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: Jaychale

Hi,

You can "export" your vault based CC lib at work, by going to the project editor, click on the Configure Content Center Libraries icon (lower left corner) & then from there you can use the Library Transfer Guide. This will create you a .idcl file which contains all of your custom content.

Then on the other client machine, you copy that idcl file to the C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor 20XX\Content Center\Libraries folder & then use the Configure Content Center Libraries to add that to your home project(s). However, if you're on 2014 at work, I don't believe you'll be able to use it with 2013, but I may be wrong so it's worth a try....it should work when you go to 2015.

Hope this helps,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report