Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pack and Go

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
SuprSpidey
258 Views, 3 Replies

Pack and Go

I am trying to find the best way to pack and go an assembly from my networked computer onto a stand-alone machine(work from home), then once I'm done editing a part, re-pack and go back onto the network machine.  I want to eliminate/ minimize the number of duplicate files created, and only over-write the files that I changed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-S

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
IgorMir
in reply to: SuprSpidey

I don't think Pack & Go will sort the files out by editing date. But what's the big deal about overriding the files? Just do it. Don't forget to collect the drawing files along with the model ones. That is overlooked often enough.

Regards,

Igor.

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 3 of 4
Cadmanto
in reply to: SuprSpidey

Are you using Vault?  If so then just check out the files out to your local working folder then pack and go them to a thumb drive to take home then when you bring them back from home copy and over write the ones on your local drive  and check back in.

If you are not using vault I would pack and go the files from the network to a location on your local machine them copy those to the thumb drive, do what you need to at home them when you bring them back, copy and over write the ones on your local.  Then call them up in a session of Inventor and do a file save as back to the network.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 4
cmcconnell
in reply to: Cadmanto

If you are not using Vault, try a folder sync utility. I use ViceVersa Pro...

Mechanix Design Solutions inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report