Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outline of Invisible Assembly Components

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
bcrowell
731 Views, 5 Replies

Outline of Invisible Assembly Components

Is there a way to mouse over components in an assembly that have their visibility off and see an outline of where the component is to more easily find the invisible component in the assembly?

INV Professional 2017 (Build: 142, Release: 2017RTM), Windows 10 Professional (64-bit), Intel Xeon E5-1620 3.5GHz CPU, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K2200, Vault Basic 2017
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cwhetten
in reply to: bcrowell

You can find them in the browser.  Invisible parts will have their icons grayed out.

-cwhetten

Message 3 of 6
bcrowell
in reply to: cwhetten

Yes, but with larger assemblies I don't know which greyed out (invisible) component is which necessarily, and can spend a bit of time turning components off and on to find the component I meant to turn back on.  Do you know of any way to get an outline of them in the assembly when you mouse over them or single click on the in the browser?

INV Professional 2017 (Build: 142, Release: 2017RTM), Windows 10 Professional (64-bit), Intel Xeon E5-1620 3.5GHz CPU, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K2200, Vault Basic 2017
Message 4 of 6
cwhetten
in reply to: bcrowell

You can try toggling the Enabled option instead of using Visibility.  Parts turn transparent so you can see through them and work through them, but you can still see where they are on the model.  Also, when you highlight them in the browser, they light up in the graphics window.

The disadvantage: you can't make use of the View Reps functionality with Enabled/Disabled status (as far as I am aware).

-cwhetten

Message 5 of 6
cwhetten

Edit on the above post:  I was wrong.  Design view reps can control the Enabled / Not Enabled status of parts.  I really should use the Enabled status more often, since it could really come in handy.

-cwhetten

Message 6 of 6
bcrowell

Thank you... I will try out the Enable instead.

I'm not sure why the visible parts in the assembly highlight but the invisible ones don't...?  Other programs have that functionality.  Another one for the wish list I suppose.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report