Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordinate dimension to apparent intersection? (but not using Ordinate Set)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mi.llewe
1350 Views, 3 Replies

Ordinate dimension to apparent intersection? (but not using Ordinate Set)

Hi,

There was a message on here about using Ordinate Set to create an ordinate dimension to an apparent intersection and I've managed to do that, but is there a way to use just Ordinate to dimension to an apparent intersection? I've tried dragging and right click menu but no luck.

I'm using Inventor Professional 2012. Thank you for any help!

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jaybear
in reply to: mi.llewe

I had an issue with an oddly shaped part and getting the Ordinate dimension to be perpendicular to one edge.  I created a sketch on the part with a construction line to be used as my origin.  After placing my dimensions, I turned the visiblity of the line off.  You could do the same thing to create your apparent intersection. It may not be the best way; but it worked for me.

Message 3 of 4
MartinBernat
in reply to: mi.llewe

Hi Mike,

Ordinate Set supports inferring of points, hence the apparent/virtual intersection can be dimensioned.

Ordinate dimension, Baseline Set/Dim, Chain Set/Dim can infer only edges.

We couldn't find any reason for this kind of inconsistency, so I logged a defect against it. We're going to work on this.

As a workaroud, the way Jaybear has described (using sketches) should work for you.

Thanks for your post,

Martin Bernat

Autodesk

Message 4 of 4

Hi there,

Could I also add to this - Ordinate set measurement to the intersection of two "Centre line Bisectors" would be nice too?

inv forum.JPG

Cheers

Warren

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report