Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order of Parts in presentationm mode Bill of Materials

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
spawn510
309 Views, 1 Reply

Order of Parts in presentationm mode Bill of Materials

Good morning,

I have a small ordering problem when making a presenation (.ipn) file. The files in the IPN tree appear as you put them in inventor when making the assembly, not as you sorted them. This makes it very hard to explode a 400+ component assembly if they are not in order. It seems that they are also linked to the "model Data" tab in the bill of materials. Is there a way to re-order these components?

I can sort them in the BOM structured and Parts only tabs only. What I want to do is alphabetically sort them in the Model Data tab as well. Hopefully, I will be able to properly select my components afterwards in the presentation file.

I am usnig Inventor 2010.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
spawn510
in reply to: spawn510

A clarification on my question:

I was able to reorder the components in the Model Data in the Bill of Materials. Then, when I create a new presentation file, the new order is displayed, which I am very happy with.

However, I have a large assembly that I created before I change the order, a few months back, and the new order is not displayed. So I added components to my assembly, and they appear at the bottom of the tree on the ipn file, even though they are sorted both in the bill of material and the model tree of the .iam file.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I would rather not have to do it all by selecting my components one at a time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report