Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open loop, doctor cannot close it, all conincident constraints set

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1749 Views, 3 Replies

Open loop, doctor cannot close it, all conincident constraints set

Hey,

problem I keep having, the only solution is to draw it from scratch completely over, every time I get this.

A figure I drew, mostly with arcs... is almost never a closed loop once it's more than 2 arcs connecting.

sketch doctor can close the loop maybe 10% of the time...

wondering if anyone can tell what's wrong?

The boomerang shape in the middle is what I'm trying to extrude

(I also went by and conincident constrained everything, which also fixes it sometimes (If an Arc snapped to something NEAR the point I intended for example)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

You are on a older version, but just create one arm of the boomberange using the center circle and the upper arm, then pattern your single arm shape 3X using the center circle as your pattern center.

You are doing far too much work in the sketch enviroment

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

Oh.... huh 😞   I never patterned stuff AFTER I've extruded it

Thanks guy!

Message 4 of 4
Inv_kaos
in reply to: Anonymous

The problem comes from your sketch pattern, it prevents the ends being joined even if they are coincident. Either pattern just the arcs at the end of the arm and then join with a manual arc or even better to do it as a feature pattern as suggested above. You also have not constrained the sketch to the origin or added sufficient sketch constraints - this also will make it easier to work with your model and know what is going wrong.

Please mark as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question or "Kudos" if you found it useful.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stew, AICP
Inventor Professional 2013, Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics 2013
Windows 7 x64 Core i7 32GB Ram FX2000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report