Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open dialogue box size

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
moto748
645 Views, 4 Replies

Open dialogue box size

Suddenly today my open dialogue box has reverted to an old-fashioned looking small thing about 7" x 4 1/2" which only shows 7 files at a time. Always before I got a nice big Windows Explorer style box nearly filing the screen. I'm running Windows 7 and Inventor 2011. Is there a switch somewhere to revert to the 'old' type box and that's got switched somehow? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
moto748
in reply to: moto748

It's still doing it. Looks like I'm stuck with this now. Am mostly using Windows Explorer to open files.

Message 3 of 5
mcgyvr

Just resize it.. the size should stick until changed again.

Or are you saying its a different type of dialog box.. (If so might want to check your user permissions for windows to see if they changed any)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 5
tommy-z

Hello

I have the same experience, running Windows 7 x64 and Inventor 2010.

And I do resize my dialog-box, every time - all the time.

And it sometimes (but rarely) keep the size, mostly within one session but almost never between sessions.

And certainly never after a reboot.

Hoping for a solution.

Message 5 of 5
tommy-z
in reply to: tommy-z

I still have the same problem, even after 2 new PC's and change from XP to Win7-64, and now running Inventor 2013.

I 2-3 times a day adjust the File Open dialogue-box, but it eventially returns to the default diminutive state.

Annoying, to say the least.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report