Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Wikihelp Sucks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
jrhymes
1033 Views, 10 Replies

Online Wikihelp Sucks

I'm so tired of clicking the "?" Help buttons only to have it go to a page cannot be loaded page or website must be down page. It's soo frustrating when you are trying to learn something new. Really just venting but it's also costing me money with time.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
mslosar
in reply to: jrhymes

There are other posts on this, but I tend to agree.

Things to know:
-You can download the help to your local machine and not have to deal with it online, period.
-They're apparently replacing the wiki sites with something new sometime soon.
Message 3 of 11
abuchhorn

I agree with that !!!

Hello Autodesk , are you listening ???? -

Please help

Message 4 of 11
cbenner
in reply to: mslosar

Search this forum for threads on wiki help... you'll be overwhelmed.  There are some that give you the link to download the help files until AD gets the new system up and running.  Looking at an October-ish time frame.

EDIT:

Read this one, it was about 4 posts under yours.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Wiki-help-retiring-Making-way-for-fresh-new-look/m-p...

btw... duplicating posts just makes things messy, always try a search first.

Message 5 of 11
abuchhorn

Ok - sorry !

I'm just working on an internal  teaching documentation for inventor 2014 update at our site and it worked really good using wikiHelp, but unfortunately only for a while.

i know how to download the help and we use it too, but in wikihelp there are some really good video(streams ?) i didnt find in the local help (such as using the new Controll Splines)

Please think of these videos - is there a possibility to download them ?

Thank you

Message 6 of 11
cbenner
in reply to: abuchhorn

You may be able to find them on YouTube... there are tons of Autodesk tutorial videos out there, some made by Autodesk, and a lot made by users like us.  Very helpful stuff.

Message 7 of 11
mcgyvr
in reply to: cbenner

What wiki? I don't see any wiki? Guess it can't suck then.. 

Smiley Tongue

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 8 of 11
Ray_Feiler
in reply to: abuchhorn

Look here. http://www.youtube.com/user/Autodesk

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.
Message 9 of 11
4donwan4
in reply to: Ray_Feiler

Here is how you can install the local version of the help.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?id=16463987&siteID=123112

Edit the XML file in notepad, some editors had caused errors when editing it in another program.

Regards,

Don

Message 10 of 11
mcgyvr
in reply to: 4donwan4

@4donwan4 wrote:

Here is how you can install the local version of the help.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?id=16463987&siteID=123112

Edit the XML file in notepad, some editors had caused errors when editing it in another program.

Regards,

Don

Or Autodesk could just put the old wiki back up until they are actually ready to make the switch. Smiley Mad

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 11 of 11
mrattray
in reply to: mcgyvr

... or include the offline help by default in the installation package and expose the setting for online/offline in the application options...
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report