Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One kudos, One wish - flaw (repeated).

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
89 Views, 2 Replies

One kudos, One wish - flaw (repeated).

I noticed that the Model Parameters now show where they are used in a pop up window. Very nice and helpful.

I stated this back in R8 and I guess its been a wish since the early days. Any named model parameters should become a "Reference" parameter if the dimension is deleted. They are still an orphaned "Model" parameter which can open a VERY large can of worms if the dimension is accidentally deleted or needs to be redefined due to changes in the model.

Pete
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The reference parameter would seem like such a simple task to accomplish. Why it hasn't been incorporated is anyones guess. I just don't get why autodesk struggles with the most simple concepts. I really wish they would hire someone like you to see the reality of our frustrations.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

lol Thanks

There are bigger fish with closer ties to Autodesk who understand using 3d modeling software in real world applications, and they haven't been hired, or even listened too sometimes. 😐 Unfortunately the trend for many CAD companies, (not just ADSK) is to focus largely on new marketing wizamagadgets. They attract new unknowing users, and once they are hooked, it will be fixed in the next release which you can get for a "discount" by signing up for our subscription program.

The added pop was something to smile about for the day 🙂

Pete

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report