Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Content Center link

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
s.peters
274 Views, 2 Replies

Old Content Center link

I'm sure this is easy to resolve and i've probably just missed something.

I'm using Inventor 2015; when i open an assembly that was created in 2014 it opens the content center parts from the 2014 library (which is obviously not the default content center path). For every content center part the 'resolve link' box appears. The stupid thing is that inventor has found the part but requires me to click 'open' and then i need to accept a warning that 'the location of the file is not in the search path of the active project file'.

So two things;

1) Can i update all the old content center parts to the current 2015 library?

2) Can i stop inventor asking me to confirm the correct path for every content center part (for which there may be hundreds) even though inventor has already found the file location?

Thanks

ps. i'm using Inventor 2015 professional NOT on vault.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CCarreiras
in reply to: s.peters

Hi!

I think there's a different behavior from previous versions in migration by only using "save".

Quickly:

You can edit the Content Center path in the project properties.

Also You can migrate the assembly (and project file) using "Task Scheduller" to avoid this issue.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
bob_holland
in reply to: CCarreiras

s.peters,

I have attached a couple of documents to assist you.

I am pretty sure that your issue is that you have inserted your Content as custom.

This creates a port from a factory then places the part into your assembly.

It remember where that part was placed from (path).

The next time you go to open that assembly it will try and bring that content part form the location that it was inserted from.

Both of the documents that I have provided should help provide you with a better understanding.

Have a good day.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report