Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offset issue

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tmccar
395 Views, 5 Replies

Offset issue

IV 2011

When I offfset a sketch, I would like to see the curve changing as I drag it. At the moment, it just appears when you click the "ofset position".

Also, I don't get an option to enter a value for the offset as I'm executing the command. Is there a way to enable this?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
BMiller63
in reply to: tmccar

In Inventor you offset the line (or Loop) then add the dimension using the standard sketch dimension tool.

If you click the Offset button, then rightclick and choose Loop Select , you'll see the offset drag as you go.

The Constrain Offset options places Constraints on the lines automatically, which is most often what you want. So you'll probably want to select that option also.

Message 3 of 6
JDMather

Check your graphics card/driver - you should see the curve as you drag it.
You might try going to Tools>Application Options>Hardware tab and set on lowest setting and see it that makes a difference in the realtime drag.

For the dynamic dimension problem (wish) http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 6
tmccar
in reply to: JDMather

I've tried all 3 options for the graphics settings but it's not dragging. I will have a look at my graphics card & driver settings.

Message 5 of 6
JDMather

Just to make sure -

have you tried with a simple rectangle or circle?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 6
tmccar
in reply to: JDMather

Yes, I tried a square and a circle - they are not draggng either.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report