Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offset Constraint in Opposite direction

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Cadmanto
5129 Views, 7 Replies

Offset Constraint in Opposite direction

I am having an issue in trying to get my hole axis to offset in the opposite direction.

In the image below I want the slot to be centered on the hole.  I can get it to offset moving the slot

to the left, but can't get it to go to the right.  I have tried a negitive number, but both positive and negitive

move it to the left.  How can I do this?

Offset.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
drlamb
in reply to: Cadmanto

You will have no directional control mating an axis to an axis. You need to  either mate to an existing work plane in the slotted piece or I usually create a work plane in the center of the slot.

Donald L.

Inventor Product Design Suite 2016
Windows 7 Professional - 64 bit
HP h8-1380t - i7-3820 @ 3.6 GHz
16 Gb
AMD Radeon HD7950 3Gb
Message 3 of 8
Cadmanto
in reply to: drlamb

Thanks, I will try that.  You say I have no directional control, just weird that it can offset in the one direction only.

All I need is a reverse direction button.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Hey guys I figured it out!

So take the part you want, offset it with the desired offset, and drag it to the opposite direction after it has settled in the wrong direction.

It should just click into the desired offset position.

Enjoy,

Vitaliy G

Message 5 of 8
Cadmanto
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the forum.

I know when I originally posted this thread, I was using 2011.  Now I am using 2012 and I have heard that the way slots are created in models, that might make this irrelevant.  What version are you running?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

I am currently using Autodesk Inventor 2014, but it now seems that my solution is no longer working for me. The constrained object stays to the side it arbitrarily chooses 😞 .

Message 7 of 8
Cadmanto
in reply to: Anonymous

Interesting, makes me wonder if there isn't an idea in here somewhere that should be posted in the Inventor IdeaStation.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG
Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 8 of 8
blair

Does changing the selection order change the off-set?

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report