Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office has detected a problem with this file......

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
karthur1
25934 Views, 6 Replies

Office has detected a problem with this file......

Been using SP1.1 for quite a while.  It has been working without issues.  This morning, I installed Update1 (for Sp1.1)

I had to do some work to an iassembly.  Checked it out, made my updates and checked it back in. 

Now another user  "Got Latest"  and he sees this when he tries to open the main assembly. "Office has detected a problem with this file.  To help protect your computer this file cannot be opened."

2012-12-11_1450.png

He can get the previous version of the iassembly from vault and it will open just fine.

Both systems are running SP1.1 Update 1.  My system uses office 2007 and his is running office 2010.

Kirk A.

Windows 7 x64 -12 GB Ram
Intel i7-930 @ 3.60ghz
nVidia GTS 250 -1GB (Driver 301.42)
INV Pro R2013, SP1.1 Update1
Vault Basic 2013

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
blair
in reply to: karthur1

Try adding the location to your list of Trusted Locations within the security settings in the Options area.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 7
karthur1
in reply to: blair

I tried adding the location for the file to the "Trusted Locations".  That did not work.  It would not let me add the location of the file.

2012-12-12_0733.png

It would accecpt the location if I moved up one level (C:\Users\KArthur\AppData\Local) and checked the "Subfolders of this location are also trusted" box.  But, when I do that, I still get the Security warning when I edit the excel sheet.

Message 4 of 7
karthur1

I went to vault and got out the version prior to my edits.  This opened without any security warnings from excel.  RE-made the edits and checked this in.

All is well now.

Something got hosed in excel when I checked out the file and edit it.

Message 5 of 7
chriss88

Hello i have tha same problem trying edit to table but i dont understand this solution. Could you help, when you say vault you mean "autodesk vault explorer"?My Inventor version is 2008.
Message 6 of 7
chriss88
in reply to: chriss88

i might add that i try to edit table in project in Model view (it happens when i try to edit by excel file or edit in Autoring iPart). If i need to add path to Trusted Locations what exactly path?
It is Autodesk inventor 2008 and installed sp 1, 2, 3. My friend from work has MS Office 2013 and he doeasnt have this problem. My version of MS Office is 2010.
Message 7 of 7
karthur1
in reply to: chriss88

Chris,

In order to resolve my issue, I just got a prior version from Vault (yes, that's Autodesk Vault Explorer) and did my edits again.  For whatever reason, something got messed up the first time.  The second time I did it there was no problems with the file.

I was not successful in adding the location as a "trusted location" like one of the users suggested. But, I was able to resolve it without doing that.

This was with Inv 2013 and Office 2010.

As far as I know, that is the only time I have ever seen this error.

Kirk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report