Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office 2010

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
DarrenP
2554 Views, 13 Replies

Office 2010

Since Microsoft released office 2010 will inventor 2011 work with it since all new computers will come bundled with it

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Qube-it
in reply to: DarrenP

I installed Office 2010 yesterday and I work with Inventor 2011.  Everything is working fine today inside Inventor 2011. I know a couple of people that were beta testing Office 2010 while working with Inventor 2011 and they never reported problems with Inventor 2011.

UPDATE:

Scratch that. I just tried to open up an embedded spreadsheet from inside a drawing document and it sat there spinning its little circle until I actually opened up Excel manually.  The table opened up normally.  Not a big deal since I have Excel pinned to my task bar, but not flawless either.

-Brian Hall-

-Brian Hall-
Message 3 of 14
DarrenP
in reply to: Qube-it

i am trying to test here and i keep getting a not implemented error message

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 14

I using Autodesk Simulation Inventor 2011 and Office 2010 beta and when ever I am trying to implement a link with Excel or insert points from excel. I am getting "Not implemented" or no reaction from inventor

I have just installed DL14965008 which adresses some issue with excel and inventor 2011 and this did not solve the issue.

Also tried to have excel opened when doing it but still with the same result.

Message 5 of 14
blair
in reply to: KristofferMohr8636

I use IV2p11Pro with Office2010 on my home machine withot any problems. We use Office2007 at work. I suspect the"Beta" is your problem. Update to the production release or move back to Office-2007.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 14
Qube-it
in reply to: blair

I'm using the released version of Office 2011 and I have issues with it too.  I don't believe it's an Inventor issue, but rather an Office 2010 issue as I am also unable to open excel documents from windows explorer.  I have to first, fire up Excel and then open the document (either from inside Excel of from Windows Explorer).  I am actually going to try to do a reinstall here shortly to see if that solves the problem.  I just haven't had time to trouble shoot it since I discovered the problem.

-Brian Hall-
Message 7 of 14
KristofferMohr8636
in reply to: blair

Thanks Blair

I have thought about that, but I am not able to go back to Office 2007 (Office XP is my option) and in 2 months time we will be implementing office 2010 as standard.

I hope going from beta will solve the issue. 

Message 8 of 14

try using the 60 day trial of office 2010

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 9 of 14
Qube-it

Looks like the repair install of Office 2010 worked for me.  All is well now, in the land of Brian.

-Brian Hall-
Message 10 of 14
DarrenP

this is what autodesk is saying about excel 2010: http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2010/07/can-you-use-excel-2010-in-inventor.html?ut...

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 11 of 14
Qube-it
in reply to: DarrenP

Good to know. 

Despite the limitation of iParts & iAssemblies not being able to be used with Excel 2010, I still like Office 2010 (Especially Outlook) and will be glad to "take the hit" as it may be.  I can get it around for my purposes.  Office 2010 not being supported isn't a big surprise since Office 2010 was released 3 months after Inventor 2011 was.  From what I've read, a lot changed internally with Office 2010 so Autodesk would need to put the released version through its paces, first, before setting it loose on the masses.

-Brian Hall-
Message 12 of 14

The trial version did not work either. I think the reason is that the trial version like the beta version was installed like a "click to run" version.

The full version of Office2010 installed directly on the harddrive with visible executable files, seems to work for me now.

Message 13 of 14
aargear

Please, see http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14079866&linkID=9242018

For my Win 7 64-bit, AIP 2011 and Office 2010 was OK.

WBR

---

MB S5520SC, 1x Xeon 5520, 12Gb DDR3, 3x1Tb WD (FAEX), 1x GeForce 240 1024 DDR5, Win7 64, OF H&B 2010, AIP 2011 (all with all update).

Message 14 of 14

Just so you all know, I believe that using Office 2010 also breaks the creating custom content for Frame Generator feature. I have Office 2010 with Inventor 2011 and cannot use any content that I have published. We recently received these new computers, and I was able to publish and use custom content hundreds of times before with Office 2007 installed.

I cannot say with 100% certainty that this is the case here, but I am very sure it is. Just another warning about upgrading your office installation... 😞

Scott MacDonald
Inventor 2013 Product Design Suite
Vault Professional 2013
Windows7 x64
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report