Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd Graphical Text Issue (2015)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jtylerbc
615 Views, 7 Replies

Odd Graphical Text Issue (2015)

I am seeing an unusual issue with Inventor 2015 that I don't remember running across before.

When I zoom in close on text on a drawing (initially noticed the problem while making revisions to the title block, so I was zoomed in very close at times), the text transitions to something different than the original.  Zooming back out restores it to displaying the correct characters.

It does not necessarily change every character, but has the ability to garble the text in every situation I could think of to check (title block, border, sketched symbols, revision table, simple text, leader text).

This is not a drawing-specific problem.  If I send the file home, I do not see this error on my personal copy of 2015, but it occurs on any drawing I view on my work computer (even the Autodesk standard.idw template file).  A coworker who also has 2015 on his personal computer has seen the issue there as well.  I currently have the only installed copy of 2015 at our company (others will be upgraded when I am finished setting up templates, style library, etc.).

Has anyone else been seeing this issue?  Any suggestions on a fix?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
timdown73
in reply to: jtylerbc

Sorry I don't have a solution but yes,my co-worker has the same issue. We first noticed it in our title block. Our company name was showing up jumbled when we zoomed in on it. Then when we zoomed out it was fine. I do not have this problem on my machine though. Crazy.
-Tim U.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz>Memory: 32.0 GB Ram
Op Sys: Windows 10 professional
Message 3 of 8
-niels-
in reply to: timdown73

I'm not seeing this on my machine either.
Do the hardware settings have any influence on this?
(appl. options > hardware tab)

Maybe list your system specs, graphic cards, etc...
It sounds like something hardware/driver related...

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 4 of 8
cbenner
in reply to: jtylerbc

Seeing it here.  3 images taken from the same titleblock at 3 different zooms:

v1.JPG

v2.JPG

and halfway betweeen we get....

v3.JPG

Win 7 x64, Dell Precision T7600, Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2643@3.30GHz, 32 GB RAM; GeForce GTX580; 3DConnexion Wireless Space Mouse, Penguin Vertical Mouse

Message 5 of 8
-niels-
in reply to: cbenner

Just to add my specs:
Win7 x64, Intel i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, GeForce GTX670 (driver 337.88), 3DConnexion Space Pilot, Wacom Bamboo.

My settings on the hardware tab is on "Quality".

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 6 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: -niels-

i would say install update 1

but i am not seeing anything in the read me about this issue specifically

read me attached

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
cbenner
in reply to: -niels-

Mine was set on Performance.  Switched to Quality, and the "glitch" was still replicated.  I won't call it an error or bug because it, frankly, won't affect me.  But it could be a big problem to some.  Very odd.

Message 8 of 8
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: cbenner

I had the same problem last week; it was fixed by updating to the latest version of nvidia graphics driver. Have you tried updating drivers ?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report