Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

obtaining KB2714396 (Inventor unexpectedly exits)

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mthomas
499 Views, 4 Replies

obtaining KB2714396 (Inventor unexpectedly exits)

Has anyone been successfull in obtaining Hotfix KB2714396 from Microsoft? This is the one that is supposed to address Inventor unexpectedly exiting.

I've been to the link supplied in the Autodesk posting but can not actually figure out where I'm suppose to make the request. I'm sure I'm missing the obvious but any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Mike Thomas

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mthomas

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2714396

Looks like you will have click the link under Hofix Information to request it, they usually send you an email with a hyperlink to the download.

Message 3 of 5
mthomas
in reply to: Anonymous

tried that, I just don't actually get anywhere to actually make the request...

It states... "To resolve this problem, contact Microsoft Customer Support Services to obtain the hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft website:" http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support

From there I'm not sure where to go... Microsoft Support > Microsoft Technical Support > Submit a support request takes me to an area where I need to search for the product and when I search for .Net Framework and pick version 4.0 I get a page you requested is not available

I'll try the 1.877 number unless there are other suggestions?

Thanks

Mike

Mike Thomas

Message 4 of 5
mthomas

support.microsoft.com/oas

I was able to start a case via a live chat, an engineer will be phoning me back, hopefully this will work

Mike Thomas

Message 5 of 5
mthomas

Once you get onto the process its actually quite painless, just finding the link to the live chat was a challenge

Mike Thomas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report