Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object visibility

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
eveylynne
2257 Views, 5 Replies

Object visibility

I've created a swept part with oodles of user created work planes/point/axii.  

I use the View Tab/Object visibility/ and toggle them all off. When I create a new object, the visibility is turned back on, so all these things are visible again.  Is there a way to tell IV that when I turn the visibility off, it stays off?

I've created a View, called Hidden, and made sure that the visibility of those three is all off.  Yet, when the part is in an assembly, several random planes/points/axii are visible.  The master is usually selected for the part whenever it appears in an assembly, but if I change it to hidden, these things are still visible.  Also, if I chose "Hidden" for the view in my assembly, I must also click "associative," or the part remains in the Master view. Regardless of which view is selected, they look the same.

I can manually turn the visibility off in whatever assembly I drop the part in, but that is tedious, and I have to do it for anyassembly the part is in.  So, if I put the part in A.iam, then put A.iam in B,iam, I have to manually turn off the visibility for all of the user created stuff in both for the part in question.

Thoughts/suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
eveylynne
in reply to: eveylynne

As an added note, if I turn off visisbility on an axis, point, etc fomr this part while it is in an assembly, I have to remvoe associativity.  The part goes back to the master view, the objects are no longer visible.  When I change it back to "Hidden," they appear again, even though the user ccreated stuff is all not visible in the part while in the "Hidden" view.

Message 3 of 6
eveylynne

& one other note. While the Object visibility is turend off in the visibility tab for the part, if i right click the feature in the tree, visibility is still checked, even though I can't see it.  If the axis is visibile in an assembly, and I turn of the visibility from the tree rather than the View menu, it will no longer be visible if the part is using the "hidden" view.

Message 4 of 6
Robhus16

Hi, Eveylynne!

This is an old thread, but i hope i can help you anyways.

If you want this issue to never appear again, you need to go to the lowest level the planes  / axis are visible (typically in part level) 

and check out, turn off visibility, check in.

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 6
CADMonkey4Life
in reply to: Robhus16

Just a Quick note, double check that you are not in master view, usually helps to be in default or Another readwrite. 🙂
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

CAD Monkey 4 Life!
Message 6 of 6

Also, the object visibility tab under the View ribbon only controls visibility in the active document; if you put that part in a sub-assembly, the options you had selected in the Object Visibility tab won't apply.

The best 2 ways are:

1. Select the object in the browser and control visibility there

2. Select the View Rep in the object browser, right click and select all visible/all hidden and change individual browser nodes from there.

--------------------------------------
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the 'Accept as Solution' or 'Like' button below.

Justin K
Inventor 2018.2.3, Build 227 | Excel 2013+ VBA
ERP/CAD Communication | Custom Scripting
Machine Design | Process Optimization

iLogic/Inventor API: Autodesk Online Help | API Shortcut In Google Chrome | iLogic API Documentation
Vb.Net/VBA Programming: MSDN | Stackoverflow | Excel Object Model
Inventor API/VBA/Vb.Net Learning Resources: Forum Thread

Sample Solutions:Debugging in iLogic ( and Batch PDF Export Sample ) | API HasSaveCopyAs Issues |
BOM Export & Column Reorder | Reorient Skewed Part | Add Internal Profile Dogbones |
Run iLogic From VBA | Batch File Renaming| Continuous Pick/Rename Objects

Local Help: %PUBLIC%\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2018\Local Help

Ideas: Dockable/Customizable Property Browser | Section Line API/Thread Feature in Assembly/PartsList API Static Cells | Fourth BOM Type

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report