Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Reply
*Luedke, Matt
Message 1 of 9 (77 Views)

Nvidia 750 XGL

77 Views, 8 Replies
11-26-2002 11:18 PM
I have a Quadro 4 750 XGL 128 meg card with Inventor 6 SP1. I'm using the
driver version 29.42 Autodesk recommends this and is fully certified. These
are the problems I'm having, some sketches will disappear when I'm editing
them and I will get black boxes and garbled text in some drawings. I have a
feeling it is a setting and not the card can anyone help me.

Matt Luedke
Sharp Packaging Systems
*GCooper
Message 2 of 9 (77 Views)

Re: Nvidia 750 XGL

11-26-2002 11:49 PM in reply to: *Luedke, Matt
Matt

Check out "pn.hardware" DG thread "PNY 750 XGL problems". You'll find a
discussion on what might be help?

>ron,
Here's what I'm using in 4103:
Select OpenGL on flyout on Quadro 4 750 xgl tab:
Enable Unified Back Buffer=on
Enable Overlays=on
Maximize Texture Memory=on
Others=off

Vertical Sync=off by default
Use up to /16/ megs in pci mode

There are also a couple of reg hacks, regarding "Gift
Wrap Tolerance" and "Min Full LOD Framerate" in Reg
(\registry version6.0\system\preferences\display) that I
haven't had a chance to compare yet. Beware, they REG_SZ's,
not DWORDS! Maybe John will get back with some
reccomendations on those?
enjoy,
>darvin


gcooper
*Crain, Ron
Message 3 of 9 (77 Views)

Re: Nvidia 750 XGL

11-27-2002 06:11 AM in reply to: *Luedke, Matt
You might want to try a different driver - I'm using 4072 on my XP Pro
system.
I just installed it yesterday and so far no problems.

"Matt Luedke" wrote in message
news:3E35BCCF9716FBF47B904A4A058584C1@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I have a Quadro 4 750 XGL 128 meg card with Inventor 6 SP1. I'm using the
> driver version 29.42 Autodesk recommends this and is fully certified.
These
> are the problems I'm having, some sketches will disappear when I'm editing
> them and I will get black boxes and garbled text in some drawings. I have
a
> feeling it is a setting and not the card can anyone help me.
>
> Matt Luedke
> Sharp Packaging Systems
>
>
*Beissel, Josh
Message 4 of 9 (77 Views)

Re:

11-27-2002 06:47 AM in reply to: *Luedke, Matt
Is that going to be a better driver then the 41.03? If so, what are the
improvements?
"Ron Crain" wrote in message
news:648D1809EF86FAF7D811B20D881F6230@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> You might want to try a different driver - I'm using 4072 on my XP Pro
> system.
> I just installed it yesterday and so far no problems.
>
> "Matt Luedke" wrote in message
> news:3E35BCCF9716FBF47B904A4A058584C1@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > I have a Quadro 4 750 XGL 128 meg card with Inventor 6 SP1. I'm using
the
> > driver version 29.42 Autodesk recommends this and is fully certified.
> These
> > are the problems I'm having, some sketches will disappear when I'm
editing
> > them and I will get black boxes and garbled text in some drawings. I
have
> a
> > feeling it is a setting and not the card can anyone help me.
> >
> > Matt Luedke
> > Sharp Packaging Systems
> >
> >
>
>
*Keller, Kent
Message 5 of 9 (77 Views)

Re:

11-27-2002 07:08 AM in reply to: *Luedke, Matt
Ron

What kind of tweaks are you doing in the driver if any? I have been using that driver on
my Ti4600 and have been getting more Pregnant pauses than normal.

--
Kent
Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program


"Ron Crain" wrote in message
news:648D1809EF86FAF7D811B20D881F6230@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> You might want to try a different driver - I'm using 4072 on my XP Pro
> system.
> I just installed it yesterday and so far no problems.
>
> "Matt Luedke" wrote in message
> news:3E35BCCF9716FBF47B904A4A058584C1@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > I have a Quadro 4 750 XGL 128 meg card with Inventor 6 SP1. I'm using the
> > driver version 29.42 Autodesk recommends this and is fully certified.
> These
> > are the problems I'm having, some sketches will disappear when I'm editing
> > them and I will get black boxes and garbled text in some drawings. I have
> a
> > feeling it is a setting and not the card can anyone help me.
> >
> > Matt Luedke
> > Sharp Packaging Systems
> >
> >
>
>
*Crain, Ron
Message 6 of 9 (77 Views)

Re:

11-27-2002 08:13 AM in reply to: *Luedke, Matt
I'm using 4072 for right now because I want some history with it before I
move to 41.03
The reasoning is that when I was having problems with R6 at first release, I
was told to use 40.72 because it was the one that nVidia would modify if
Autodesk found any issues. After about a week of working with this, I'll be
trying out 41.03 to see if there is any difference. Obviously, since 41.03
is a more recent build than 40.72, there may be some advantage - but I'm
moving in a methodical pace.


"Josh Beissel" wrote in message
news:A92ED8484046F6AE0457D3D997538AA6@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Is that going to be a better driver then the 41.03? If so, what are the
> improvements?
> "Ron Crain" wrote in message
> news:648D1809EF86FAF7D811B20D881F6230@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > You might want to try a different driver - I'm using 4072 on my XP Pro
> > system.
> > I just installed it yesterday and so far no problems.
> >
> > "Matt Luedke" wrote in message
> > news:3E35BCCF9716FBF47B904A4A058584C1@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > I have a Quadro 4 750 XGL 128 meg card with Inventor 6 SP1. I'm using
> the
> > > driver version 29.42 Autodesk recommends this and is fully certified.
> > These
> > > are the problems I'm having, some sketches will disappear when I'm
> editing
> > > them and I will get black boxes and garbled text in some drawings. I
> have
> > a
> > > feeling it is a setting and not the card can anyone help me.
> > >
> > > Matt Luedke
> > > Sharp Packaging Systems
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
*Crain, Ron
Message 7 of 9 (77 Views)

Re:

11-27-2002 08:16 AM in reply to: *Luedke, Matt
I did the OpenGL tweaks that Darvin mentioned in the pn.hardware thread
about my problems with the 750 XGL (why do "I" always have problems? ).
I don't think it made any improvements but I left them anyway.

What can I tell from the framerate display in Inventor? It seems to me that
the numbers change too quickly to be able to visually see how fast things
are going.


"Kent Keller" wrote in message
news:4E5A90514DF7FFEA3F825C1FCF34046E@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Ron
>
> What kind of tweaks are you doing in the driver if any? I have been using
that driver on
> my Ti4600 and have been getting more Pregnant pauses than normal.
*darvinv
Message 8 of 9 (77 Views)

Re:

11-27-2002 08:42 AM in reply to: *Luedke, Matt
ron,
The way I do it is,
Put the Engine.iam in Isometric,
Orbit and pan it out of place,
Then use RMB Isometric,
Don't move the mouse after you hit "I". When it stops
the framerate should be fixed at some value. That's the
test.

I think what's happening with these Dtonator 4 drivers,
is more stuff is being accounted for in Swaptype and
Workaround and more options are being internally defaulted
in the drivers. So any tweaks we come up with are far less
significant than they used to be.
darvin
*Crain, Ron
Message 9 of 9 (77 Views)

Re:

11-27-2002 10:14 AM in reply to: *Luedke, Matt
I get various results with your method. Too wide of a spread to put any
reliability in it.

"darvinv" wrote in message
news:801D2C605A85BEE1E52EFB9E16FC84E0@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> ron,
> The way I do it is,
> Put the Engine.iam in Isometric,
> Orbit and pan it out of place,
> Then use RMB Isometric,
> Don't move the mouse after you hit "I". When it stops
> the framerate should be fixed at some value. That's the
> test.
>
> I think what's happening with these Dtonator 4 drivers,
> is more stuff is being accounted for in Swaptype and
> Workaround and more options are being internally defaulted
> in the drivers. So any tweaks we come up with are far less
> significant than they used to be.
> darvin
>
>
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.