Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numbers on a diameter

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Talayoe
320 Views, 2 Replies

Numbers on a diameter

Howdy all,

Curious, I am trying to get numbers 'engraved' (extruded) into a diameter of a dial ring. I was able to create a couple of planes to create the marking lines around the OD, but am unsure how to add numbers and extrude said numbers (in the easiest fashion possible). I need to go from 0 to 90 on the longest marking that starts at 0° and is every 36°.

Also, that being said, with the little I tried and was unhappy with,  I created a text box at the 0° marker but the text was in the wrong rotation the marker and rotation box was greyed out. How can I resolve this...or is it even related? 

File attached.

Appreciate any help! 🙂

Tks!

-R

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Talayoe

Hi Talayoe,

Here is one approach to getting text around a dial, I have added a text to a sketch and re-aligned the text by Right clicking over the text and Un-checking the tick box by the word “Text Box”. You should now be able to rotate the text to angle required.

P.s.

Drag the End of Part Marker to the end of the feature tree as the file size get quite large when adding lots of extruded text

Hope this helps

Cheers

Mark

Inventor 2014

Dial_pic_01.jpg

Message 3 of 3
Talayoe
in reply to: Anonymous

That is great! Much easier than creating 10 planes and moving around each 1 by 1 like I was thinking to do.

Much appreciated!
-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report