Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not rendering simple sketch

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
283 Views, 4 Replies

Not rendering simple sketch

Thanks for reading all,

I have downloaded Inventor 14, and the program appears to start up without problems.  However, when i create a simple sketch, it first says "Choose a plane".  In my textbook, it shows a piciture of the three planes to choose from.  However, my computer screen shows a blank gray screen.  It appears some tool bars are missing as well.

However, if i click in the space where I imagine the axis should be, it takes me into sketch mode. 

Similarly, when I draw a line, the information bar reads like I am drawing a line, but no line shows up on the screen.

Is there a specific requirement on my computer I could be missing?  I have downloaded Inventor twice, and both times had the same problem with the program.  Perhaps a video card I need to have, or a certain RAM requirement?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CCarreiras
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

Update your graphic card's driver... maybe it helps.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
sam_m

welcome to the forum.

Can you post your system hardware details? (and driver versions)

Did you install it as recommended - as an admin with anti-virus and UAC off?

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 4 of 5
Accudyne1

Maybe check your hardware against the AutoDesk minimum requirments for 2014?

From AutoDesk's webpage:

System requirements for Autodesk Inventor 2014 products

For Inventor 2014 Windows users

For general part and assembly design (typically fewer than 1,000 parts):

•Windows® 7 (32-bit minimum, 64-bit recommended) or Windows® 8 64-bit[1] operating system

•Intel® Pentium® 4, AMD Athlon™ 64 with SSE2 technology, 3 GHz or greater, or AMD dual-core processor with SSE2, 2 GHz or greater recommended, or Intel® Xeon® E3 or Core i7 or equivalent with SSE2, 3.0 GHz or greater

•4 GB RAM minimum for less than 500 part assemblies (8 GB recommended)[2]

•15 GB free disk space for installation

•1,280 x 1,024 or higher screen resolution

•Microsoft® Direct3D 9® or compatible graphics card (Microsoft® Direct3D 11® or higher recommended)

•Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 6 or later (.NET Framework Version 4.5 web browser)

•Microsoft® Excel® 2003 or later software for iFeatures, iParts, iAssemblies, thread customization, and spreadsheet-driven designs

•Adobe® Flash® Player 10

•Internet connection for web downloads and Subscription Aware access

•Microsoft-compliant mouse or pointing device

•DVD-ROM drive[3]

Message 5 of 5
JDMather

In addition to the other suggestions you might go to Tools>Application Options>Hardware tab and set to the lowest setting (might need to reboot or at least restart Inventor).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report