Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not list sketch part in a frame assembly?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
cean_au
371 Views, 4 Replies

not list sketch part in a frame assembly?

Hi,

I am using Frame generator to make a frame.

First I made the sketch in 2d sketch and saved it as a part.

Then I placed it in a assembly file and changed all the single lines into solid steel profile, say PFC.

When make the drawing for that newly made frame, the 2d sketch part is listed in the BOM as the first part.

My question is that the sketch part is not needed for production, so how do I not list it in the BOM?

Thanks in advance

Cean 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
xxxr2050
in reply to: cean_au

you can change the first part (only contains sketches) to be a virtual part by iproperty-->occurence-->BOM stucture-->reference. and then the part won't appear PART ONLY BOM.

hope it solve your problem.

Tags (2)
Message 3 of 5
jtylerbc
in reply to: xxxr2050

In addition to what xxxr2050 said - if you start your skeleton part by using the "Make Layout" command in the assembly, it will automatically be set as "Phantom", which also causes a part to not appear in the parts list.  This suggestion assumes you're using at least Inventor 2010.

I prefer the Phantom setting to Reference for such parts.  Reference will put dashed lines on your drawing for the part if it contains any geometry, which mine usually do (I tend to make a layout with multiple solids as the basis for a welded assembly, then use Make Components). 

Message 4 of 5
coreyparks
in reply to: jtylerbc

I also prefer Phantom parts for this.  I created a template file with the bom set to phantom and use that part for starting all my frame generated parts.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 5 of 5
cean_au
in reply to: coreyparks

Thanks for all reply.

I tried the reference part, the problem is the part number in bom doesn't not start from 1.

The phantom part works, so I prefer this. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report