Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Valued Contributor
PolemEngineering
Message 1 of 3 (89 Views)
Accepted Solution

Not in model anymore, but still checked out (because of any reference...?)

89 Views, 2 Replies
01-06-2012 04:31 AM

Hello,

I have an assembly (Assembly1) with several parts. Yesterday I checked if it fitts with another part so a placed an other assembly (Assembly2) in this assembly. In a sketch (top assembly level) I take some lines to compare. After this and some save actions I deleted the last added assembly.

Now, every time I open (and check out from vault) this assembly (1) it also downloads the second assembly (2), but there are no visual references to this assembly. No sketch, no constrains, no parameters. I also did a rebuild all. Nothing...

Please help.

René

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014 SP2
Valued Mentor
coreyparks
Message 2 of 3 (75 Views)

Re: Not in model anymore, but still checked out (because of any reference...?)

01-06-2012 09:50 AM in reply to: PolemEngineering

I have had this problem with vault when I use it in the past.  What we did to fix it was start a new drawing and paste all of the sheets from one file to the other.  Then save the newly created drawing over the top of the old and sign in.  I believe that corrected it though it might have taken copying all of the views only and not the whole sheets, which can be a much bigger pain.  Try it and see.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
IV2014 Factory Design Suite Ultimate
Windows 7 64 bit
Synergis Adept document management software
16gb RAM --- Nvidia Quadro 4000 2gb
Valued Contributor
PolemEngineering
Message 3 of 3 (58 Views)

Re: Not in model anymore, but still checked out (because of any reference...?)

01-10-2012 05:52 AM in reply to: coreyparks

Strange solution, but it works...

Thanks.

René

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014 SP2
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.