Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nope lets not fix Inventor

31 REPLIES 31
Message 1 of 32
jletcher
1418 Views, 31 Replies

Nope lets not fix Inventor

Getting old..............

nice.JPG

nice 2.JPG

One side good one side not so good..

No need to fix Inventor ..............

31 REPLIES 31
Message 2 of 32
jletcher
in reply to: jletcher

nice 3.JPG

LOL...............

Message 3 of 32
jletcher

nice 4.JPG

Message 4 of 32
jletcher

nice 5.JPG

Message 5 of 32
jletcher

LOL now nothing but crashes...........

So far I wasted 1.5 hours trying to fix this for client and he is not happy... Solidworks does this with no issues. How do I know Client has a trial seat...

Not only do they want this to look like solidworks they also want it to crash like it too.......

nice 6.JPG

Message 6 of 32
-niels-

Ok, you probably don't want to hear this...
If i recreate the circular pattern in IV2014 it works fine.
(i do have to recreate it though, somehow i can't edit the existing one so it works....)

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 7 of 32
jletcher
in reply to: -niels-

No I had a feeling it would work that's how Autodesk fixes issues..

If you want it to work upgrade......

Client going to have meeting today to see if they are going to make the change to solidworks..

Solidworks going to give him credit per seat...

Message 8 of 32
-niels-

Doesn't Solidworks operate in the same way?
I can't really believe that they would keep bringing out service packs once they're a few releases ahead...
(i don't think most software companies would do this...)

I know how you feel about the current versions, but if they would "fix" a version instead of putting new stuff in, like you want, you'd still have to upgrade to that fixed version.

Anyway, i am sure your client will make a choice that works for them so they can get on with their work.
I hope you will give a future version of Inventor a try and find that you can work with it again.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 9 of 32
mcgyvr

When I drag EOP right under the contour flange and fully constrain it the issues go away too.. 

Let them go to swx.. No software is "bug free"... its life.. 

Just don't let your "sales pitch" be all about your hatred for the few Inventor issues you seem to harp about and maybe the customer will stick with you.. I'd move on too.. 

Its not like ALL circular patterns in 2012 have problems or anything like that.. There are certain situations that can have these problems.. And asking a company to spend time going back 2-3+ years to address these specific issues is ridiculous to me.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 10 of 32
jletcher
in reply to: mcgyvr

The only reason it was not constrained is because I broke link with the master.. Plus you are on 2014 also..

It is not really hate more like dislike the issues with the new interface and the rendering crap... If they would say look we are not going release for 2 years to make it more stable and put Jim's classic back I would be happy....

I don't run into to many issues with it I just get sick of lack of concern for production with autodesk this new interface is crap I want my classic back and save my click finger the pain.. New interface has slowed down all my clients and they are not happy. Not because they don't know it but because they don't like the tabs. In classic everything was on one little panel now 10 tabs, 15 drop downs.

If they want to get autocad people in Inventor this was not the way... I have about 20 seat pending for Inventor but they will not change from autocad because of the interface..

And I was the one that talked him into Inventor and not Solidworks 10 seats to boot....

But thanks for looking at it.....Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 32
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

...New interface has slowed down all my clients and they are not happy. Not because they don't know it but because they don't like the tabs. In classic everything was on one little panel now 10 tabs, 15 drop downs. 

Hasn't SolidWorks gone to Ribbon interface?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 12 of 32
mrattray

2012 was one of my least favorite releases. I saw constant bugs in it. 2013 was a major step forward in regards to bugs. I haven't really used 2014 much, yet, but I don't see many complaints.
I know you "dislike" the interface as much as I hate to rehash this very old horse, but I think you should put some real honest effort into dealing with the new interface. I hate flipping tabs, too; instead of complaining, I customized it to work better for me. All of the commands I use regularly I either have hot-keyed, added to my marking menu, or added to the default ribbon tab. I very rarely have to switch tabs and when I do it's for a command that I use so rarely I'm fine with having it buried and out of my way.
I understand that you feel you shouldn't have to change from something that worked well for you, but that's just the way it is. We both know that AutoDesk is never going to release "Inventor: Jim's Special Version". They've decided how they're going to move forward and no amount of complaining is going to change their mind.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 13 of 32
jletcher
in reply to: -niels-

niels wrote:

Doesn't Solidworks operate in the same way?

No it works....

No I know that is not what you meant ..

I had an old release (2 back) sent in an issue with them and they fixed it and sent out a patch.

But yes they are also not good with some issues I guess it depends on the fix easy vs hard...

Back when I started for Autodesk I made it a goal to take solidworks out of business... Smiley LOL

But seeing Autodesk is more concerned with new interface and rendering rather then normal cut in sheet metal, Pattern in 2 directions in assembly, IDW fixes and so on. The things we users need. We did not need a new interface..

It does not give me the happy feeling to press selling it to anyone else.. When asked now I look at what they do how they do it and 80% of the time I tell them to stay with autocad, Inventor would be a nightmare for them..

I did sell one a few months ago but he is using Autocad part not the Inventor.. Only because I do the Inventor work for him, Sheet metal and molds.

I just miss my Inventor and what users were promised when I worked for Autodesk..

Message 14 of 32
jletcher
in reply to: JDMather

None of those clients are thinking of going to Solidworks because of interface.. The ones thinking of Solidworks is because of issues with Inventor like this one..

And the changes to the Material pissed off a few..

The Interface scare new clients I am trying to get...

Message 15 of 32

"...then normal cut in sheet metal..."

See Autodesk Inventor 2015

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 16 of 32
jletcher
in reply to: mrattray

I don't use to many hot keys never did but clients do use them I also show them how to customize the ribbon but that is an act of god by itself before it was easy..

I don't use marking menu and they seem not to like it either. It does not act the same when you are in a new position on the screen.. Hard to explain..

All my clients hate the marking menu not one using it......

Oh come on Mike if they did I bet I could sell 200 seats in a flash..

And the new interface was not a move forward just like obozo in office we did not go forward...

When you take a program that was very fast to almost snail speed that's not forward... Just saying..

But you are right they don't care about the user but the stock holder...

Message 17 of 32

Yeah I just hope they fixed the bug on it before they released it...

I asked for that in Inventor 4...... 20 releases later...

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 18 of 32
mcgyvr

ho hum... welcome to the world James.. Its not a perfect place.. The sooner you learn to embrace change instead of just complaining about it the better you will be..

You aren't getting support for your precious classic interface back.. Get over it already.. 

Nothing happens instantly..

You don't have the push to demand anything..

They aren't here just to please you..

Companies look at the global demand and plan/progress accordingly. 

"pouting" only works for cute babies.. Smiley Tongue

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 19 of 32
Curtis_Waguespack

@mcgyvr wrote:

ho hum... welcome to the world James.. Its not a perfect place.. The sooner you learn to embrace change instead of just complaining about it the better you will be..

Hi jletcher,

I would encourage you to take some time to think about how you're perceived on this forum:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Yep-more-none-fixed-issues/m-p/3935563#M471692

You current strategy of complaining incessantly paints you as a person to be ignored, and I suspect you have more to offer than that. I personally grow very tired of your reading your posts and generally just ignore your contributions these days. Make an effort to set your frustrations aside and focus on how to promote the changes you'd like to see happen in a positive way, and I think your knowledge of the product will speak for itself.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 20 of 32
jletcher

Not sure about that look at GM right now took many years and many complaints but they are listening now...

Look at Facebook they made a change many complained and they put it back....

Look at Google they had an issue people complained and they changed it back...

Look at Windows many did not like the no desktop and look they put it back..

So those that want the users happy fix the issues the hate....

You are right that I have no support but my own and that is fine with me.. I can take the loadSmiley Very Happy

Had one client go back to Autocad that was 5 seats and this was after he found out no more option for classic he tried but hated it..

Pouting no that don't work but I will complain Smiley Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report