Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-sheet metal part, using fold/refold. worked once, but now...

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
holybigcow
239 Views, 3 Replies

Non-sheet metal part, using fold/refold. worked once, but now...

Inv 2012 Pro SP2

So, I need to bend the ends of some rail track for our product. I have to show the before bending view (flat pattern) and the bent view on the same drawing. I want to do this with one part. I started with some exsiting models, but there were 2 separate models, one labeled the correct part number, then the other file is derived and labeled "partnumber Before Bending". This is not acceptable to our manager, so I took some time to see what I could do. The first file works awesome and does exactly what I need.

Also, I tried an iPart, but then I get 3 files altogether. Wrong direction.

So, the first part is the one that works. I have created a few of these sizes from this part and they all work fine. The problem is, I need to change the profile of the rail shape for a different size. So, in the "working model" part I edit "Sketch13 within "Cut3" and put a new profile in and then edit the feature to use my other sketch block and that's when it fails... fails hard. I'll upload the working model and the broken model.

Any input or any easier way to do this would be awesome. I don't like saying this, but in SW, I could have just created another config and been done in 5 minutes. 

Thanks!

Inv Pro 2012 SP2
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: holybigcow

I'm on 2014, so here is what I seen.

Your thickness is set to 6". Your new sketch is 5.99. Fix sketch to match or reset thickness. Sketch is not constrained. You have to fix some issues from change in sketch, Rect Pattern, Cut4, etc... But it will unfold with that new profile. I deleted it and re-created flat by picking the widest (6") flat area.

Good Luck

Message 3 of 4
holybigcow
in reply to: Anonymous

ok, I didn't consider the 5.99 portion. I do realize the sketch isn't constrained, I uploaded it when I started trying things twice. So, thank you.

I am going to adjust the thickness and give that a try. I'll come back and update with my results.

Thank you!
Matt
Inv Pro 2012 SP2
Message 4 of 4
holybigcow
in reply to: holybigcow

So, the 5.99 was the key for me. I had monkeyed up my sketch block. So, with everything as it should be, it works like a champ!

Thanks again!
Inv Pro 2012 SP2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report