Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non removable points on part

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
315 Views, 6 Replies

Non removable points on part

Hi all,

Sometimes I decide to remove a bolted connection but then because a link was broken, some holes still exist or I remove or edit the bolted connection wrong.

But then eventually I end up with these green point markers (see screenshot attached).

I seem to be unable to remove these, there is no sketch on the left feature/part list but I can edit the 'sketch' by right clicking on it and selecting 'Edit Sketch'.

When I'm then editing the sketch, I can select the points and press delete but the points are still there. But I cannot select the points anymore.

Is there any method of removing these points, I dont want to have to render an image every time I want to take a screenshot for a report.

I'm using Autodesk Inventor Proffesional 2015.

Thank you,

Luuk de Jong

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
johnsonshiue
in reply to: 10071482

Hi! The sketch seems to be corrupted. Do you remember how you run into the situation? Did you use Express mode? Did you edit or create the sketch points in place?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 7
blair
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Can you post the part for us to look at and figure out

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 7

Here is a copy of the partfile, I hope it is usable since I used an excel sheet for the variables.

Message 5 of 7
WHolzwarth

Try this:

- Move EOP to the very top. Accept error message.

- Right mouse on one of the remaining points -> Edit sketch

- Window select all points  -> Delete

- End Sketch. Six points are gone

- Do this a 2nd time. All points are gone

Walter

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
in reply to: WHolzwarth

Thank you very much!

I do wonder though, why did this work and when I tried doing this without moving the EOP (EOF actually) it didn't?

Message 7 of 7
blair

Sometimes you get a dirty file that needs a complete rebuilt. By moving the EOM to the top and back down to the bottom it forces a more complete rebuild.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report