Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nodes in frame analysis

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anthony
530 Views, 3 Replies

Nodes in frame analysis

I have created a report from a frame analysis of an arrangement of I-Beam steelwork. I need to check that I have placed the nodes in the right order and this is reflected in the results of the report. I have the parent and child nodes connected at the ends of the beams as shown on the attached screen shot. I'm interested to know if the order in which I have selected the nods makes any difference to the results. There a 3 node connection points at each corner section. Any thoughts / comments are appreciated

Anthony Goodwin ~ Cad Manager/Senior Designer
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013 SP2 64-Bit Edition
Windows 7 HP Z400, Intel Xeon W3550 3.07GHz
12.0GB RAM, ATI FirePro V4800 (FireGL)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Anthony

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm interested to know if the order in which I have selected the nods makes any difference to the results. 

Any thoughts / comments are appreciated

Can you do an experiment to see if the order of parent/child nodes makes any difference in the analysis?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anthony
in reply to: JDMather

Hi, thank you for the reply, yes I will run the analysis with different node order and check the results. I am relatively new to frame analysis so may be posting on here again for some help Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Anthony
in reply to: Anthony

I have now ran a test of the frame with the parent/node order changed and have not found any differences in the results when doing this. I would therefore assume that it does not matter what the parent/node order is when performing frame analysis, has anyone else found any differences in the results ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums