Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No view lines on Vault system IDW.DWF created after INV18230 install

27 REPLIES 27
SOLVED
Message 1 of 28
Maxim-CADman77
1522 Views, 27 Replies

No view lines on Vault system IDW.DWF created after INV18230 install

After installing hotfix INV18230 (aka Update 3 for Autodesk Inventor 2014 SP2) to Job Processors, all system DWFs created for IDW don't have contour lines (only dimensions and hatches).

Manual export to DWF is OK.

Returning to INV18220 solves the issue.

27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28

Maxim,

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by View Lines and Contour Lines.

How about a couple of screenshots?

Are you usign a Russian Inventor and an English Vault?

Do you have Cumulative Hotfix 3 for Autodesk Vault 2014 Service Pack 2 installed?

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 3 of 28

Screenshot:

LostLinesIDW-DWF.png

We are using English Vault.

Language of Inventor does not matter (issue is reproducible in English Inventor).

I can't say anything regarding Cumulative Hotfix 3 for Autodesk Vault 2014 Service Pack 2 but issue is reproducible in Vault Pro build 18.101.3.30 (aka "2014 Subscription Release 1 (SP1) Cumulative Hotfix 3").

Message 4 of 28
Rene-J
in reply to: Maxim-CADman77

Hi

I have similar issue  with Inventor 2015 SP1

I have a code to export idw to dwf.

The code is similar to the VBA sample code in API.

I am using oOptions.Value("Publish_All_Sheets") = 1 in the code

The Active sheet in inventor is ok but

but other sheets is missing line.

If I do this manuel it is ok.

René J

Message 5 of 28

Yes, unfortunately there are issues in both 2015 SP1 Update1 & 2014 SP2 Update3 which impacts batch DWF export, (eg vault jobprocessor & Api based functions). It still works fine when manually exporting though. Hotfixes are under investigation for release in the very short-term. The only workaround is to uninstall the update(s).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 28

A Hotfix is being released to address the issue where there are no view lines on Vault created DWF files after the recent Update is installed.  This Hotfix will be available on for both Inventor 2014 SP2 Update 3 and Inventor 2015 SP1 Update 1 and it will be available on the original download sites.  These should be live on the Autodesk Knowledge Network within the next 24 hours.

For Inventor 2015 the Hotfix will be available through the Application Manager later today.

We thank all our customers who identified these issues and reported them to us. These reports give us the opportunity to improve the product and provide you with the best solution in mechanical design. We also thank you for your continued business and for feedback regarding the content of this update release.

Respectfully,

Autodesk Inventor Product Team

Message 7 of 28

Are these already available for download? Could you just post URLs please.

Message 8 of 28

For 2015:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/update-1-fo...

Or for 2014:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/update-3-fo...

The fixes were appended to the same pages as the last Updates since they were what caused the issue.

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 28

Thanks!

What are chances to get companion fix for the issue described in the article http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/vault-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/... appended to that same page?

Message 10 of 28

Oh no ... I just found new occurances of the issue on IDW.DWFs that was created by JP with special fix installed!

Some one-sheet IDWs contain no lines again.

Some multi-sheet IDW.DWFs contain no lines on all sheets exept for the first.

Message 11 of 28

What are chances to get companion fix for the issue described in the
article
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/vault-products/troubleshooting/caa
s/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Randomly-incorrect-visualization-files-for-I
nventor-drawings-when-creating-with-Job-Processor.html
as/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Randomly-incorrect-visualization-files-for-
Inventor-drawings-when-creating-with-Job-Processor.html> appended to
that same page?
Message 12 of 28
jmfeider
in reply to: Maxim-CADman77

This is a serious mess, I have implemented the Job Server DWF function, and now its completely useless. Installed the hotfix and it still is terrible. Where is our fix for this? The last user came to the same conclusion 2 weeks ago. Should I uninstall these fixes, patches, bandaids, service packs?

Sidenote: Please fix your structure for "fixing" things. Call the file one name and stick to it.

Message 13 of 28
jmfeider
in reply to: david.harris

How soon is the actual fix coming for 2014? Is this no longer supported? This fix was not a solution for anything with more than 1 page. If you can't fix it in the short term for 2014, at least guide me to how I can uninstall the errored update as efficiently as possible, as I need to do it to all of our machines now.
Message 14 of 28
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: jmfeider

The planned release date for the next updates is January 6th; that should include a more comprehensive fix for this issue, for both 2014 & 2015.

If you want to uninstall updates in the meantime, then you go to Control Panel, Uninstall a Program & then click on "View Installed Updates" to see which updates/hotfixes you have installed. Then you can uninstall from there.

Thanks

Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 15 of 28

BTW, could you please remove (roll back) solved status for this thread.

Message 16 of 28
jmfeider
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Thank you for the update, this is helpful. In the future, where would I be alerted to these scheduled updates?
Message 17 of 28
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: jmfeider

Starting with the 2015 products you are notified of all updates/service packs automatically through a new tool tool (installed with all products), called Autodesk Application Manager. This allows you to see what's available & selectively install them.

Unfortunately it doesn't work for Inventor 2014 or prioir so we typically announce their availability on these forums. The next scheduled updates for 2014 & 2015 is around January 6th. Then approx. every 2 months the next update is released. We generally do 2 interim updates & then the 3rd is a larger Service Pack.

Thanks

Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 18 of 28

BTW, I doubt the desicion to treat Vault updates the same way as CAD updates (through the Application Manager) was wise.
Installing update to Vault client without installing it to Vault server will lead to failed connection.

Keep in mind that Vault administrator does have right to decide which update to install and which not (consider this case ... when non-updated Inventor works better than updated)

Could you please pass this simple thought to one in charge for Application Manager? Thanks in advance...

Message 19 of 28
jmfeider

I'm not certain if I'm the only one here, but I updated to #4 on my computer and the job processor machine. If I check in on my local, my dwf file looks correct. If I do it on the job processor machine locally, the dwf file publishes correctly for the drawing again. If I send to job processor from the actual job processor machine itself, or my local computer to the processor, the dwf output isometric view looks something like raster view even though I do not have this selected as an option. 

I was to understand that this update was suppose to fix this issue that others, and myself, were seeing upon usage of the job processor. Hopefully, I'm just missing some simple fix here.

Tags (1)
Message 20 of 28
Rene-J

Hi

After I have update inventor 2015 to SP1 update 2

I have still the hotfix 19111 (no view lines on vault created DWF files width update)

should I remove the hotfix 19111 ?

I have also updated our jobserver to 2015 SP1 update 2

but there is no hotfix 19111. I dont thing I have install the hotfix on the jobserver.

Just make sure that everything is working correct.

René J

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report