Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No text shows using hole annotation tool in inventor 2011

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ihiengdept
546 Views, 3 Replies

No text shows using hole annotation tool in inventor 2011

I'm using inventor 2011.  I'm creating a drawing for a part, and when I attempt to annotate a hole, no text shows up.  Just a blank leader line.  The hole is a thru hole, but when I change it to another type, (like "distance" or "to") it will give me the text.  So what am I missing?  I've made other parts where I don't have this issue, but nothing works recently.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jeanchile
in reply to: ihiengdept

This may be a stupid question but I'm gonna' ask it anyway: Have you looked at your style library to make sure the note for a thru hole hasn't been edited/deleted? I've never encountered this issue, it's just the first thing I though of.

Inventor Professional
Message 3 of 4
SBix26
in reply to: ihiengdept

When you edit the blank thru hole note, what do you see?  You should see something like this: 

<QTYNOTE>Ø<HDIA> THRU.  If not, your style library and/or template needs some remediation...

Message 4 of 4
ihiengdept
in reply to: SBix26

Things got busy and it took me a while to get back this, but both replys were right on.  Somehow that one definiton for a THRU hole got completely deleted in the style library for a template I was using.  I'm still fairly new to autodesk so I really appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report