Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Templates In Inventor

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
alecmaples
314 Views, 2 Replies

No Templates In Inventor

I currently installed Inventor Prefessional 2015 for students, and I'm using this for a cube project at school, when I hit the New button all there is, is a template folder but no default templates, I'm not sure what to do. Me teacher sent me the base of the project through email but I don't know if it's an error on my part.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: alecmaples

@alecmaples wrote:
 Me teacher sent me the base of the project through email but I don't know if it's an error on my part.

What type of file is this? *.ipt?  Can you attach it here?

Can you post a screen shot of what you see when you try to start a New file?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: alecmaples

Hi! I suspect the template path in the project is set to something not available on your machine. You can simply activate the project and go to Folder Options and right-click on Templates -> Use Default Folder. Then you should be able to get the system default templates.

Or, you can talk to your teacher and ask for template files (if different from system templates). Make sure you put them in the Template path in project option.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report