Inventor General Discussion

Reply
*Howard, Jeff
Message 1 of 10 (255 Views)

No RTTI data....

255 Views, 9 Replies
11-14-2002 07:15 AM
crash. See CF "No RTTI data (IV6).

Initiate loft command.

Pick profiles: sketches 11, 12, 15.

Pick rails: sketches 13, 16, 14

Go to Transitions tab and clear Automatic checkbox.
----------

Crashed 5 out of 6 times for me. Also crashed in the original file the
sketches were derived from.

Jeff
==========================
*Caldwell, Larry
Message 2 of 10 (255 Views)

Re: No RTTI data....

11-14-2002 07:53 AM in reply to: *Howard, Jeff
Jeff, need the parent file to go with the derived part. It is looking for
Surfaces U & V when I try to open it and yours is different than mine.
~Larry

"Jeff Howard" wrote in message
news:9F96604BC4BA45504E67C14EE9B691C6@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> crash. See CF "No RTTI data (IV6).
>
> Initiate loft command.
>
> Pick profiles: sketches 11, 12, 15.
>
> Pick rails: sketches 13, 16, 14
>
> Go to Transitions tab and clear Automatic checkbox.
> ----------
>
> Crashed 5 out of 6 times for me. Also crashed in the original file the
> sketches were derived from.
>
> Jeff
> ==========================
>
>
>
>
>
*Howard, Jeff
Message 3 of 10 (255 Views)

Re:

11-14-2002 01:30 PM in reply to: *Howard, Jeff
You should be able to put my file in a directory or project where it can't
find your version of Surfaces U & V and Skip All when loading it (at least
that's what I did, should have broken the link before sending). My file will
look slightly different than your original, I'd made some small changes and
projected geometry to create the new rail sketches.

Interested to see if it's reproducible or just my system being cantankerous.

=============================

"Larry Caldwell" wrote in message
news:257ED1F82099A0BA231B961BB3CA162E@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
Jeff, need the parent file to go with the derived part. It is looking for
Surfaces U & V when I try to open it and yours is different than mine.
~Larry

"Jeff Howard" wrote in message
news:9F96604BC4BA45504E67C14EE9B691C6@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> crash. See CF "No RTTI data (IV6).
>
> Initiate loft command.
>
> Pick profiles: sketches 11, 12, 15.
>
> Pick rails: sketches 13, 16, 14
>
> Go to Transitions tab and clear Automatic checkbox.
> ----------
>
> Crashed 5 out of 6 times for me. Also crashed in the original file the
> sketches were derived from.
>
> Jeff
> ==========================
>
>
>
>
>
*Yeandle, Laurence
Message 4 of 10 (255 Views)

Re:

11-14-2002 05:37 PM in reply to: *Howard, Jeff
Hi Jeff, crashes here too, don't now anything about surfaces other than
looking at your stuff. The model solves quite easily if you loft from 12 to
11 and 11 to 15 using two lofts, the inclusion of the rails in lofts does
nothing it appears and trying to loft three sketches at once fails without
the rails as well. You can use the rails on loft 11 & 12 OK but rails on the
11 & 15 fails. I would have thought that the rails were not needed at all
seeing that the shapes are similar? And failure of 11 & 15 with rails might
be due to the orientation of the sketches at 90o ? But what do I Know,
Autodesk will no doubt shed some light.

--
Laurence,

Power is nothing without Control
---


"Jeff Howard" wrote in message
news:6C928D0B4867B80953C703658626C3E0@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> You should be able to put my file in a directory or project where it can't
> find your version of Surfaces U & V and Skip All when loading it (at least
> that's what I did, should have broken the link before sending). My file
will
> look slightly different than your original, I'd made some small changes
and
> projected geometry to create the new rail sketches.
>
> Interested to see if it's reproducible or just my system being
cantankerous.
>
> =============================
>
> "Larry Caldwell" wrote in message
> news:257ED1F82099A0BA231B961BB3CA162E@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Jeff, need the parent file to go with the derived part. It is looking for
> Surfaces U & V when I try to open it and yours is different than mine.
> ~Larry
>
> "Jeff Howard" wrote in message
> news:9F96604BC4BA45504E67C14EE9B691C6@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > crash. See CF "No RTTI data (IV6).
> >
> > Initiate loft command.
> >
> > Pick profiles: sketches 11, 12, 15.
> >
> > Pick rails: sketches 13, 16, 14
> >
> > Go to Transitions tab and clear Automatic checkbox.
> > ----------
> >
> > Crashed 5 out of 6 times for me. Also crashed in the original file the
> > sketches were derived from.
> >
> > Jeff
> > ==========================
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>
*Howard, Jeff
Message 5 of 10 (255 Views)

Re:

11-14-2002 07:04 PM in reply to: *Howard, Jeff
Thanks for looking, Laurence.

The sketches are from Larry's file related to the Shape Manager Unmanagable
thread, where Larry and I demonstrated how little we know about the subject
8~). I was playing with it when IV so rudely dumped me on the roadside.

Have a good one,
Jeff
====================

"Laurence Yeandle" wrote in message
news:3B6EBAC3D6FE8B900BF7D74B639C940F@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...

Hi Jeff, crashes here too,.......
*Yeandle, Laurence
Message 6 of 10 (255 Views)

Re:

11-14-2002 08:56 PM in reply to: *Howard, Jeff
Oh if I'd have known it was one of Larry's fumble's I wouldn't have bothered
I suppose that loft is the only chance of some sort of compound curve
you wish to get on the stern of the tub, I need to look into this in 6.0 and
how it controls shapes. From what I gather 5.3 points were to control twist
in model, are you trying to control the curve of (contour path ) on hull to
give a realistic shape is that what rails are supposed to do? I feel that
compound surfaces in IV will remain illusive still or can this be done or
will any package handle this, similar to a 3d sweep?

--
Laurence,

Power is nothing without Control
---


"Jeff Howard" wrote in message
news:613938EA3C81BE7D94CC56F0F1EA442D@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Thanks for looking, Laurence.
>
> The sketches are from Larry's file related to the Shape Manager
Unmanagable
> thread, where Larry and I demonstrated how little we know about the
subject
> 8~). I was playing with it when IV so rudely dumped me on the roadside.
>
> Have a good one,
> Jeff
> ====================
>
> "Laurence Yeandle" wrote in message
> news:3B6EBAC3D6FE8B900BF7D74B639C940F@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
>
> Hi Jeff, crashes here too,.......
>
>
>
*Caldwell, Larry
Message 7 of 10 (255 Views)

Re: No RTTI data....

11-14-2002 08:58 PM in reply to: *Howard, Jeff
Yep ... no rtti-ditti ... just like you. Won't even give you a chance to try
to change it. I saw a post saying what RTTI meant but can't find it. I don't
think the post had the acronym, just the words so that's probably why a
message search on RTTI doesn't turn it up. Maybe someone remembers.
~Larry

"Jeff Howard" wrote in message
news:9F96604BC4BA45504E67C14EE9B691C6@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> crash. See CF "No RTTI data (IV6).
>
> Initiate loft command.
>
> Pick profiles: sketches 11, 12, 15.
>
> Pick rails: sketches 13, 16, 14
>
> Go to Transitions tab and clear Automatic checkbox.
> ----------
>
> Crashed 5 out of 6 times for me. Also crashed in the original file the
> sketches were derived from.
>
> Jeff
> ==========================
>
>
>
>
>
*Caldwell, Larry
Message 8 of 10 (255 Views)

Re:

11-14-2002 09:22 PM in reply to: *Howard, Jeff
Ah ... but now you know!
~Larry

"Laurence Yeandle" wrote in message
news:A687E1E52E058DB62E5A224B1E82B581@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Oh if I'd have known it was one of Larry's fumble's I wouldn't have
bothered
> I suppose that loft is the only chance of some sort of compound
curve
> you wish to get on the stern of the tub, I need to look into this in 6.0
and
> how it controls shapes. From what I gather 5.3 points were to control
twist
> in model, are you trying to control the curve of (contour path ) on hull
to
> give a realistic shape is that what rails are supposed to do? I feel that
> compound surfaces in IV will remain illusive still or can this be done or
> will any package handle this, similar to a 3d sweep?
>
> --
> Laurence,
>
> Power is nothing without Control
> ---
>
>
> "Jeff Howard" wrote in message
> news:613938EA3C81BE7D94CC56F0F1EA442D@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > Thanks for looking, Laurence.
> >
> > The sketches are from Larry's file related to the Shape Manager
> Unmanagable
> > thread, where Larry and I demonstrated how little we know about the
> subject
> > 8~). I was playing with it when IV so rudely dumped me on the roadside.
> >
> > Have a good one,
> > Jeff
> > ====================
> >
> > "Laurence Yeandle" wrote in message
> > news:3B6EBAC3D6FE8B900BF7D74B639C940F@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> >
> > Hi Jeff, crashes here too,.......
> >
> >
> >
>
>
*Autodesk\
Message 9 of 10 (255 Views)

Re: No RTTI data....

11-15-2002 03:27 AM in reply to: *Howard, Jeff
I logged a defect against it.

Loren Jahraus
Autodesk Inventor Workflow Team

"Jeff Howard" wrote in message
news:9F96604BC4BA45504E67C14EE9B691C6@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> crash. See CF "No RTTI data (IV6).
>
> Initiate loft command.
>
> Pick profiles: sketches 11, 12, 15.
>
> Pick rails: sketches 13, 16, 14
>
> Go to Transitions tab and clear Automatic checkbox.
> ----------
>
> Crashed 5 out of 6 times for me. Also crashed in the original file the
> sketches were derived from.
>
> Jeff
> ==========================
>
>
>
>
>
*Howard, Jeff
Message 10 of 10 (255 Views)

Re:

11-15-2002 04:45 AM in reply to: *Howard, Jeff
Many thanks, Loren.

===============

"Loren Jahraus (Autodesk)" wrote in message
news:502669F952FE61610BB7BE042215EC85@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
I logged a defect against it.

Loren Jahraus
Autodesk Inventor Workflow Team
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.