Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Parameter Name for Offset Plane

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
meck
441 Views, 3 Replies

No Parameter Name for Offset Plane

All previous releases of Inventor before 2013 would display the name of the parameter that controls the offset value of a plane. While editing an offset plane you could see the name either in the title of the pop up or by holding your cursor over the parameter value. In release 2013 I have been unable to find the parameter name anywhere when editing the plane. I have a lot of equations in my models. Being able to track down bugs is difficult enough without not knowing what parameter I'm looking at.

Is there a setting I need to turn on/off to get the parameter name to display again?

Mike Eck
Master Drafter/ CAD Programmer
Using Inventor 2018
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mrattray
in reply to: meck

Are you using the mini toolbar? They haven't ever shown parameter names, it's a "known issue". Instead, drill into the browser and look at the mate for the plane. You'll see the parameter name there.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 4
bobvdd
in reply to: mrattray

This would only work in the assembly environment.

In a part there is a tooltip that tells you in which feature a parameter is used (better than nothing):

workplane.jpg

We have already logged defect on this in our database:

1462266 Mini toolbar does not show the value of formulas

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group
Message 4 of 4
meck
in reply to: bobvdd

Thanks for the response. At least now I know it's not me and that the issue is on the agenda.

Mike Eck
Master Drafter/ CAD Programmer
Using Inventor 2018

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report