Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more Fusion in 2014

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Ray_Feiler
1892 Views, 13 Replies

No more Fusion in 2014

I guess with the new Fusion 360 coming out they dropped Fusion from the 2014 install.

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
JDMather
in reply to: Ray_Feiler

Inventor Fusion Graduates 

It is my understanding that the current download on labs does not expire.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 14
DarrenP
in reply to: JDMather

apparently there is another version that comes with CFD 2014 called inventor fusion 2013 R1 according to this blog: http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/04/inventor-fusion-2013-error-no-license-available-....

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 14
JDMather
in reply to: DarrenP

The download link here Labs

is 2103R1

2013R1.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 14
inov8works
in reply to: Ray_Feiler

Isn't this kind of a downgrade in a way? I didn't use Fusion much at all, but there were options for "Editing Form" where it seamed like you could do some basic surfacing stuff.

It just kind of bums me out when Autodesk aqcuires companies like T-Splines and doesn't integrate it into existing products that we pay maintenance for, but rather puts it into new programs. I think Fusion 360 is a cool concept, but does this mean we have to shell out even more money to get this new technology?

Message 6 of 14
JDMather
in reply to: inov8works

@inov8works wrote:

... T-Splines and doesn't integrate it into existing products that we pay maintenance for, but rather puts it into new programs. I think Fusion 360 is a cool concept, but does this mean we have to shell out even more money to get this new technology?

Make your voice heard
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Fusion-360-Beta/ct-p/1234

let them know you want t-splines in Inventor

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/idb-p/v1232

Message 7 of 14
blair

Probably see T-Splines moved into the Automotive side. They require "Light-Ready" surfaces. Ford, GM and Fiat have deep pockets.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 14
kwaikeong1402
in reply to: blair

Why suddently no more fusion in 2014, this program quite useful & easy for us especially for the modification hole or amendment part or etc. With this feature we no need to redraft the model.

Version 2012 & 2013 including this program, why no more in 2014?

Do you have any other way to link the 2014 to 2013 so that we can link this program & use it as well.

Hopefully Autodesk can look into this issue.

If possible, can plug in this program in 2014.

Everyear upgrade the software we get few normal feature, not really improve.

So, as a user, we will think that why need to upgrade everyear, why not using the old version?

Example: modeling surface not flexible like software "rhino". why not improve this modeling surface feature to be more strong & flexible.

Thank you!!

* just to let you know my opinion 

Message 9 of 14

Is it possible replug in this program to Autodesk Inventor & Autocad 2014 version.

Message 10 of 14
JDMather
in reply to: kwaikeong1402

@kwaikeong1402 wrote:

Is it possible replug in this program to Autodesk Inventor & Autocad 2014 version.

I don't understand what this means?
I don't understand the problem?

You can download for free and it never expires (as noted in link above), so what is the problem (just don't expect any further feature development or official support for the product).

Message 11 of 14
kwaikeong1402

Fusion in 2014 which is link to autodesk inventor and autocad can download at where? may i have a guideline to find it?

Message 12 of 14
JDMather
in reply to: kwaikeong1402

In post #2 to this thread there is a link titled Inventor Fusion Graduates.

Follow the link and read the article.  There is no Inventor Fusion 2014.

Reading the other posts in this thread there is an Inventor Fusion 2013 r1 that never expires.

There is an Inventor Fusion forum over here http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-Fusion/bd-p/370

Message 13 of 14
terje.antonsen

Is there a way  to get a link between 2013R1 of fusion and inventor 2014, so that you get the fusion edit as part of the model tree in inventor?

In previous versions I believe you got the " alias freeform edit" relative to the history of the part in inventor.

Message 14 of 14
LT.Rusty
in reply to: terje.antonsen

@terje.antonsen wrote:

Is there a way  to get a link between 2013R1 of fusion and inventor 2014, so that you get the fusion edit as part of the model tree in inventor?

In previous versions I believe you got the " alias freeform edit" relative to the history of the part in inventor.

If you're looking for the T-splines thing, just wait a couple days / weeks and move up to Inventor 2015.  It'll be fully integrated into Inventor itself, no outside program needed.

Rusty

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report