Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Grid?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
15085 Views, 5 Replies

No Grid?

I just got Inventor and am trying the tutorials. I am doing the constraint tutorial, but can't figure out how to show the grid. In sketch options panel it says that the grid is on. I have it in wireframe mode and the background is shades of grey.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you in an active sketch?  Post a screen shot.
(BTW - I turned off grid back in year 1987 of the last century and haven't used it since.)

In this document I recommend turning it off http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/skillsusa%20university.pdf

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

I totally agree. I know of absolutly no productive user of Inventor that uses the grid. Last time I used it was also in 1987, where I needed an iso grid in AutoCAD in order to draw an isometric 2D view. After that torture, I never created a 2D ISO again.... 🙂

If you are new to Inventor, try these settings for sketches:

4-9-2011-NG000006.jpg

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

What is an active sketch? I also found out that it won't let me drag a selection box. In my first post when I said shades of grey I meant the backgrounf was a grey gradient starting from light grey on the bottom left and dark on the top right. Why can't I get the normal white background?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

The selection box works now; I was dragging the wrong way.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

All fixed. I didn't realize that the grid doesn't come up in non-sketch mode.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report