Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Fastener types available for the slected Head Type

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
gehrkj01
215 Views, 10 Replies

Cannot do clearance hole becasuse I get the following message:

How do I fix it?
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
dan_inv09
in reply to: gehrkj01

http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=663356

Now tell me why you misspelled it exactly the same as the old post that was brought up again yesterday.

Has anyone with this problem loaded any hotfixes or service packs for inventor or windows or Microsoft Office (especially Excel)?

Or, is it just a coincidence that everyone is just trying to use this for the first time and 2009 shipped with this problem?
Message 3 of 11
gehrkj01

I copied from old post. I did not see a good fix so I brought it up again. Any idea how to fix?
Message 4 of 11
dan_inv09

You should have put something like "Again" or "any solution yet" in the subject then.

They mentioned checking the excel file, did you do that?
And have you had any service packs or hotfixes (for anything) since you last had it working? Or is the first time you tried using this feature since upgrading to 2009?
Message 5 of 11
jblackburn

I have tried replacing the clearance.xls with the one inside DesignData.exe but have had no success. We are running IV2009 64-bit on XP-64 with Excel 2007. We have no hot fixes or service packs on IV but are running "Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (12.0.6300.5000) SP1 MSO (12.0.6213.1000)".
Message 6 of 11
dan_inv09

And when was the last time clearance holes worked properly?
Message 7 of 11
jblackburn

We are setting up to switch over to IV2009 from IV11. We have everything about ready to go and discovered this last week. As far as I know, they have not worked in 2009.
Message 8 of 11
dan_inv09

That's what I was looking for. In the other threads about this problem everyone was trying to figure out what they might have done wrong. If you're sure that it never worked right in 2009 then it shipped with this problem.

Do you have the original 2009 clearance file? Since you haven't switched from 11 yet, can you compare the two files?
You might be able to use the 11 file, but you might not. 2009 may require something new, for example, at some point they added something new to the thread file (cell a1 needed some special code or something) and people who had modified their's couldn't just copy it.

I wish someone from Autodesk would weigh in on this issue. Have you been watching the other threads to see if there has been any sort of resolution?
Message 9 of 11
jblackburn

I cannot be positive because I have had it loaded for a little while and have been migrating things and setting things up; I just hadn't attempted to use the clearance holes.

I originally had this same problem with the threaded holes too but quickly realized that there was a difference in the thread.xls files from IV11 to IV2009. That is when I decided to go into the DesignData.exe file and pull out the thread.xls and the clearance.xls and replace them. This corrected the problem with the threaded holes but not with the clearance holes.

I have done some comparing of the (2) files and the only difference I have found is similar to what you mentioned: In 11, Cell A1 in the "Ansi Unified Screw Threads" tab is equal to "inch" and in 2009 it is equal to "I". Then on the "Ansi Metric M Profile" tab in 11 cell A1 is equal to "mm"; but in 2009 it is equal to "M".

I have checked some other threads but have not found a resolution.
Message 10 of 11
jblackburn

For those having this problem:

What versions of Inventor do you have loaded on your machines and are you switching between them?

I have IV11 & IV2009 and I am spending a lot of time flipping back and forth but I avoid trying to run them simultaneously because they interfere with each other. We are working to set-up IV2009 so we can make the switch.
Message 11 of 11
gehrkj01

I have tried replacing clearance.xls files and completely reinstalling Inv 2009. Still get the same problem. One of my coworker is running same computer and does not have this problem. Any Autodesk guys have any thoughts?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report