Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NNTP/HTTP Synch

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
185 Views, 11 Replies

NNTP/HTTP Synch

Can anyone tell me when the synchronization problems between the NNTP side and HTTP side will be fixed? I've reset my newgroups, even deleted the local file and still have problems. Ex: "Design View Doesn't Appear in .idw", posted 20.12.03 doensn't show on my OE. Thanks -- Rui
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It's a real pain with the NGs now. For me the most annoying things are: - The NNTP/HTTP synch doesn't work - Posts from HTTP come over with nospam@autodesk.com at NNTP - Need to reset the groups all the time that means lost of all downloaded messages - getting TCP/IP errors while downloading messages I hope some guys are working hard to get these bugs fixed. It's on my wish list for christmas! -- Michael Puschner www.scholle.de "Rui Vaz" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3fe6a434_2@statler... > Can anyone tell me when the synchronization problems between the NNTP side > and HTTP side will be fixed? > > I've reset my newgroups, even deleted the local file and still have > problems. > > Ex: "Design View Doesn't Appear in .idw", posted 20.12.03 doensn't show on > my OE. > > Thanks > > -- > > Rui > >
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

Michael, have you got the download 300 headers checked in options tab maybe? I reset mine and got all(?) the messages back to April from the R7 group. ~Larry "Michael Puschner" wrote in message news:3fe6aebd$1_5@statler... > It's a real pain with the NGs now. > For me the most annoying things are: > > - The NNTP/HTTP synch doesn't work > - Posts from HTTP come over with > nospam@autodesk.com at NNTP > - Need to reset the groups all the time > that means lost of all downloaded > messages > - getting TCP/IP errors while > downloading messages > > I hope some guys are working hard > to get these bugs fixed. > It's on my wish list for christmas! > -- > Michael Puschner > www.scholle.de > > > > "Rui Vaz" schrieb im Newsbeitrag > news:3fe6a434_2@statler... > > Can anyone tell me when the synchronization problems between the NNTP side > > and HTTP side will be fixed? > > > > I've reset my newgroups, even deleted the local file and still have > > problems. > > > > Ex: "Design View Doesn't Appear in .idw", posted 20.12.03 doensn't show on > > my OE. > > > > Thanks > > > > -- > > > > Rui > > > > > >
Message 4 of 12
Per Engberg

After trying to reset the groups with no luck I deleted the account and tried from scratch, but now I can't even connect to the server any more. The HTTP-site, although better than before is still a poor substitute for the NNTP, especially since the text-size isn't scalable in IE (it is in Mozilla Firebird).
Per Engberg
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

Interesting thing to me is, I did not get this particular Error message in OE until I connected to the AutoCad and Inventor Customer-Files. Not sure which one caused it. > - getting TCP/IP errors while > downloading messages
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

Even before the switch to the new system, I always noticed that when I was waiting for Inventor do complete something (like updating a drawing for 10 minutes or so when opening it), that OE would always hang trying to download new headers and I would get TCP/IP connection errors, but IE would still work OK, so I must assume that OE (MS) is probably to blame for this problem. If anyone knows of a fix for this I would appreciate it. WinXP with all the updates I know of. Bob "cadsysmgr(Tim Miley)" wrote in message news:3fe6f2cd$1_6@statler... > Interesting thing to me is, I did not get this particular Error message in > OE until I connected to the AutoCad and Inventor Customer-Files. Not sure > which one caused it. > > > - getting TCP/IP errors while > > downloading messages > >
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

I'd get this too. I think it's just a function of too much going on at the same time. However currently I get the TCP/IP error 20-30 times a day. I really hope this get fixed soon. I'm REALLY not liking this "new & improved" interface. -- Sean Dotson, PE Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert http://www.sdotson.com Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions www.sdotson.com/faq.html ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "Bob" wrote in message news:3fe6f5e7_1@statler... > Even before the switch to the new system, I always noticed that when I was waiting > for Inventor do complete something (like updating a drawing for 10 minutes or so > when opening it), that OE would always hang trying to download new headers and > I would get TCP/IP connection errors, but IE would still work OK, so I must > assume that OE (MS) is probably to blame for this problem. If anyone knows of > a fix for this I would appreciate it. WinXP with all the updates I know of. > > Bob > > "cadsysmgr(Tim Miley)" wrote in message news:3fe6f2cd$1_6@statler... > > Interesting thing to me is, I did not get this particular Error message in > > OE until I connected to the AutoCad and Inventor Customer-Files. Not sure > > which one caused it. > > > > > - getting TCP/IP errors while > > > downloading messages > > > > > >
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

You know, for a software company, Autodesk sure seems to have a lot of problems with IT rollouts. At my previous company, in addition to my engineering duties, I was the nationwide CAD Systems Administrator. We were a premier account with a few hundred licenses scattered across the nation. Our subscription contract renewed every February. It seemed like every year (a slight exaggeration), they installed some new software to "improve" the management of the subscription contracts. And each time, all I heard was we can't do this or we can't do that because of the new implementation. One year, they had to bust our single contract up into about 14 separated contracts because the "improved" system couldn't handle more than one site per contract. Not to mention that during the conversion, our contract seemed to get all messed up. It just doesn't instill much confidence in a guy. Doesn't anyone use test labs and pilot implementations before they go into production anymore? Sorry for the rant, Blane
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

LOL, Oh don't even get me started about the subscription software. "seemed like every year (a slight exaggeration)," But not much of an exaggeration. -- Sean Dotson, PE Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert http://www.sdotson.com Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions www.sdotson.com/faq.html ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "BTBeilke" wrote in message news:3fe70338$1_1@statler... > You know, for a software company, Autodesk sure seems to have a lot of > problems with IT rollouts. At my previous company, in addition to my > engineering duties, I was the nationwide CAD Systems Administrator. We were > a premier account with a few hundred licenses scattered across the nation. > Our subscription contract renewed every February. It seemed like every year > (a slight exaggeration), they installed some new software to "improve" the > management of the subscription contracts. And each time, all I heard was we > can't do this or we can't do that because of the new implementation. One > year, they had to bust our single contract up into about 14 separated > contracts because the "improved" system couldn't handle more than one site > per contract. Not to mention that during the conversion, our contract > seemed to get all messed up. It just doesn't instill much confidence in a > guy. Doesn't anyone use test labs and pilot implementations before they go > into production anymore? > > Sorry for the rant, > > Blane > >
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

No, Larry, I don't have the download limitation checked. It's no problem with the old messages from April until November. They all seem to come back after a reset. The problems started at Dec. 15th with the new design. You'll see it, if you compare the messages of the HTTP side with the NNTP side. -- Michael Puschner www.scholle.de "Larry Caldwell" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3fe6e1ed_6@statler... > Michael, have you got the download 300 headers checked in options tab maybe? > I reset mine and got all(?) the messages back to April from the R7 group. > ~Larry >
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

This entire message group was copied and emailed to the web team. Sorry for the problems and I know it is being investigated. -- Anne Brown Manager, Moderator Autodesk Product Support Discussion Groups Discussion Q&A: http://www.autodesk.com/discussion Rui Vaz wrote: > > Can anyone tell me when the synchronization problems between the NNTP side > and HTTP side will be fixed? > > I've reset my newgroups, even deleted the local file and still have > problems. > > Ex: "Design View Doesn't Appear in .idw", posted 20.12.03 doensn't show on > my OE. >
Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

Thank you, Anne. -- Michael Puschner www.scholle.de "Anne Brown" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3FE7A151.27B84F39@autodesk.com... > This entire message group was copied and emailed to the web team. > Sorry for the problems and I know it is being investigated. > > -- > Anne Brown > Manager, Moderator > Autodesk Product Support Discussion Groups > Discussion Q&A: http://www.autodesk.com/discussion > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report