Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie needs help with deleting points

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
memondude
1868 Views, 6 Replies

Newbie needs help with deleting points

Hi everyone,

I apologise for this trivial question but I'm basically trying to create a 2D part file. Whenever I do this i keep getting these  green points everywhere in  places that ive drawn circles/lines from that can't be deleted. Can anyone help me as to how i can get rid of them? Please see image. Thanks a lot

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: memondude

Those are the center points of arcs.

There is no way to delete them.

There is no reason to delete them. (if they are indeed, centers of arcs/circles)

Use symmetry about the Origin Center Point.

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/SkillsUSA%20University.pdf
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/p/inventor-tutorials.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 7
memondude
in reply to: JDMather

Hey thanks for the reply

I'm basically trying to create a general arrangement of an aircraft - so I need to import these into a drawing a file. However, I don't know how to do this without them still showing these points. Any ideas?

Message 4 of 7
JDMather

Inventor is a solid modeler.

You create a solid model.

Your 3D solid model is the single source of truth.

Inventor generates your 2D drawing from the single source of truth - the 3D model.

I recommend that you go through the tutorials before even beginning to attempt something as complex as an aircraft (even a toy aircraft).

otherwise,

you might look into AutoCAD for this design.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 7
daviswe1953
in reply to: JDMather

Guys, don't be so smug with newbies.   All the guy wants to do is remove some points that have been replaced with others, and so they are not relevant to the drawing/model, why not delete any unneeded points.  You 'experts' often give glib answers, how about someone give the guy a decent answer.  And for you experts, Points can be used many ways, not just for circle centers, but also for contsruction lines, points, etc.

If you want to get rid of any extranious points, just remove the constraints, lines, etc, and then you can just right click the point, and select 'Delete'.

Ed

Message 6 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: daviswe1953

Center points of arcs cannot be removed.

Show me how to remove the points in the attached file.

Delete Points.png

Message 7 of 7
rubengualtero

I got the same problem, I thought it was a 3D sketch but couldn't fin it. My solution was made to show the sketch edit button, later just clicked on the centre mark and press Delete on my keyboard.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report