Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Upgrade Policy == No Upgrades

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
MikahB
350 Views, 2 Replies

New Upgrade Policy == No Upgrades

As I discussed in a previous thread, the unceremonious removal of Sketchbook, Alias, and Showcase from my "Ultimate" Suite for 2015 convinced me to let my subscription lapse for the first time since 2009.  If I do not know until AFTER I pay my subscription what software I'm paying for, then it just doesn't make sense for me.  I happen to use all 3 of those programs, so losing them for 2015 would have been a problem.

Just got another "courtesy" email from Autodesk regarding their new upgrade policy:

"Beginning February 1, 2015, Autodesk will no longer offer the option to purchase upgrade licenses of its software. "

Awesome.  Glad to see them continuing to revise policies to further alienate long-time customers.  SMH.

Mikah Barnett
All Angles Design
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014
Windows 7 Professional x64
Intel i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz
32GB DDR3-2400 RAM
GeForce GTX 670 4GB
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: MikahB

alias and showcase were brought back into the Prdsu Suite for 2015

sketchbook designer was discontinued and will not be brought back

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
MikahB
in reply to: DarrenP

I understand that, Darren. But, Showcase and Alias were only brought back because of all the teeth-gnashing. That worked once, likely will not work again and I suspect (though I do not know) that the process(es) by which the decision to axe them was made remains unchanged.
Mikah Barnett
All Angles Design
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014
Windows 7 Professional x64
Intel i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz
32GB DDR3-2400 RAM
GeForce GTX 670 4GB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums