Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New System - Looking for Spec recomendations

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
137 Views, 6 Replies

New System - Looking for Spec recomendations

Hi All, I'm sure this has been asked before and I search for it but I haven't been on for awhile and the mail sever is trying to download like 80,000 messages and it keeps timing out. Anyway back to the topic at hand, I am running Inventor 9 and would like to know some system specs for a new machine. I have roughly $6,000 CND to spend and I would also like to get a new flat panel monitor as well. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jonathan
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Look for an nVidia video card 980 or better to start. With those kind of funds, I get the fastest Intel processor avaialable and at least 2 gig of ram. Monitors are a matter of taste. Find the one you like best. I've been buying the XI machines here with good success. Japper wrote: > Hi All, > > I'm sure this has been asked before and I search for it but I haven't been > on for awhile and the mail sever is trying to download like 80,000 messages > and it keeps timing out. Anyway back to the topic at hand, I am running > Inventor 9 and would like to know some system specs for a new machine. I > have roughly $6,000 CND to spend and I would also like to get a new flat > panel monitor as well. Any help would be appreciated. > > Thanks > > Jonathan > >
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

I just picked up an XI with a 2.4 Opteron and 2 gig Ram. It was $3600 without monitor. It seems to run IV fine. My only comment is the box is all metal and a little cheesy looking. It is loud too. Bill "Chris Breidenbaugh" wrote in message news:414b2cfe$1_1@newsprd01... > Look for an nVidia video card 980 or better to start. With those kind > of funds, I get the fastest Intel processor avaialable and at least 2 > gig of ram. Monitors are a matter of taste. Find the one you like > best. I've been buying the XI machines here with good success. > > Japper wrote: > > > Hi All, > > > > I'm sure this has been asked before and I search for it but I haven't been > > on for awhile and the mail sever is trying to download like 80,000 messages > > and it keeps timing out. Anyway back to the topic at hand, I am running > > Inventor 9 and would like to know some system specs for a new machine. I > > have roughly $6,000 CND to spend and I would also like to get a new flat > > panel monitor as well. Any help would be appreciated. > > > > Thanks > > > > Jonathan > > > > >
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Spend it all! ~Larry "Japper" wrote in message news:414b2c04_1@newsprd01... > Hi All, > > I'm sure this has been asked before and I search for it but I haven't been > on for awhile and the mail sever is trying to download like 80,000 messages > and it keeps timing out. Anyway back to the topic at hand, I am running > Inventor 9 and would like to know some system specs for a new machine. I > have roughly $6,000 CND to spend and I would also like to get a new flat > panel monitor as well. Any help would be appreciated. > > Thanks > > Jonathan > >
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Japper wrote: > I'm sure this has been asked before and I search for it but I > haven't been on for awhile and the mail sever is trying to download > like 80,000 messages and it keeps timing out. Anyway back to the > topic at hand, I am running Inventor 9 and would like to know some > system specs for a new machine. I have roughly $6,000 CND to spend > and I would also like to get a new flat panel monitor as well. Any > help would be appreciated. Talk to these guys, http://www.cadcomputer.ca/index.htm -- Alan
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

'at's a bad mo' there. Might just hav'ta go for one of them. Think Sean has one. ~Larry "Al G" wrote in message news:414b6a93$1_2@newsprd01... > Japper wrote: > > I'm sure this has been asked before and I search for it but I > > haven't been on for awhile and the mail sever is trying to download > > like 80,000 messages and it keeps timing out. Anyway back to the > > topic at hand, I am running Inventor 9 and would like to know some > > system specs for a new machine. I have roughly $6,000 CND to spend > > and I would also like to get a new flat panel monitor as well. Any > > help would be appreciated. > > Talk to these guys, > > http://www.cadcomputer.ca/index.htm > > -- > Alan
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

'at's a bad mo' there. Think Sean has one. ~Larry "Al G" wrote in message news:414b6a93$1_2@newsprd01... > Japper wrote: > > I'm sure this has been asked before and I search for it but I > > haven't been on for awhile and the mail sever is trying to download > > like 80,000 messages and it keeps timing out. Anyway back to the > > topic at hand, I am running Inventor 9 and would like to know some > > system specs for a new machine. I have roughly $6,000 CND to spend > > and I would also like to get a new flat panel monitor as well. Any > > help would be appreciated. > > Talk to these guys, > > http://www.cadcomputer.ca/index.htm > > -- > Alan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report