Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Software 2015, what about support for 2011?

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
warrentdo
1321 Views, 27 Replies

New Software 2015, what about support for 2011?

Hello All,

Well it’s coming up to that time of year again when the new software arrives, and it becomes the latest release.

It will become fully support with three previous releases. So 2015 (current) with 2014,2013 & 2012 will be supported.

2011 falls off the band waggon and is no longer supported but what does all this mean?

We are forced to use 2011 as it is the customer’s choice of software and we cannot do anything about this.

I have created a Autodesk support log and also Contacted our VAR but any help from you guy would be appreciated as always.

I will update this post with my findings.

Do we need to stop installing Windows updates? Does anyone remember the windows update that froze the dimensions in Inventor 2008? KB

Regards

Warren.

27 REPLIES 27
Message 21 of 28
stevec781
in reply to: warrentdo

I thought you might be able to drop the subs on just one seat

Message 22 of 28
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: stevec781

Spoiler
Sorry warren, I had a chat to my manager yesterday and the merge utility is what he came up with. But I seriously think you need to have a long chat to your VAR about this, or chat to autodesk.
Spoiler
All of us on the forum can give our opinions, but at the end of the day it comes down to you have a issue to sort out. And the reality is that Autodesk is the only people that can solve this issue for you.
Spoiler
What I can do from my side is give you my Sales Directors email address and you can chat to him. He is always clued up and would be able to help you. Dont worry, he wont try and sell you something because we are not in the same country but he can give you good advice.
Spoiler

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 23 of 28
warrentdo
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

Hello Joann,

Thank you for your reply.

Merge utility is indeed the correct way to go if you want multi seat lic file.

But that's not my concern. I have a lic file for 4 versions, current plus 3 but my concern is not the lic file.

What I need is the ability to run current plus 4 2015 (current after mid march) then also 2014, 2013, 2012 & most importantly 2011 (client requirement).

I have been told this morning by my VAR that I do in fact need to fill out a Additional Software Authorization Application and Approval Form if we are to continue using 2011 products. I was merely asking before I found this out.

I have also raised an issue on sub with Autodesk, I will let you know what the outcome is.

by all means forward this thread to your sales guy as the more info the better.

Regards

Warren.

Message 24 of 28
JoAnn_Hogan

Thank you for letting me know warren, I appriciate it

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 25 of 28
coreyparks

You may want to check but I thought that if you were on subscription you only have a license to be able to use the most current version and then 3 back.  If you install anything older it is actually illeagal according to their agreements.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 26 of 28
warrentdo
in reply to: coreyparks

Hello all, im still in talks with autodesk subs help.

Ive just posted this and im waiting for a reply.

So as long as we do not update our Licence file we will legally be able to use our 2011 products after 2015 products have been released?

Thank you for your 'Previous Version Eligible Product List' I am surmising that when 2015 products become released 2011 products will not be on the 'Previous Version Eligible Product List' Your document 'Autodesk Subscription and Autodesk Subscription with Advanced Support Terms and Conditions' states that- 2.4.1 Notwithstanding anything contained in the Autodesk Software License accompanying Your Covered Software or any Upgrade or Covered Software provided to You, for the Term of Your Subscription, You may Install and Access, Previous Version(s) of the Covered Software, as specifically identified in writing by Autodesk on the Previous Version Eligible Product List posted on the Autodesk Subscription Center Again 2011 products will not be on the 'Previous Version Eligible Product List' I am really sorry that I may be confusing the matter but I have to make sure that We remain legel when running our 2011 products while they fall of the Eligible prodect list and any other implications that may occur. Regards Warren

Message 27 of 28
warrentdo

We now have an about turn-

From Autodesk-

"When the 2015 versions will be released, you'll be entitle to use
the one of the three latest version of the product in this case
"2015-2012".

You will therefore not be any more entitle to use the 2011
version."

Dont worry as I will mension how we will be able to use 2011 via a Additional Software Authorization Application and Approval Form?

This is taking some time!

Warren.

Message 28 of 28
warrentdo

After 4 days and 19 emails to and from Autodesk the final Outcome is -------

‘When the 2015 versions will be released, you'll be entitled to use the one of the three latest version of the product in this case "2015-2012".

You will therefore not be any more entitled to use the 2011 version.’ This was from Autodesk

So to keep legal we will get around this problem by using the "Additional Software Authorization Application and Approval Form" from our Reseller or web. http://www.ideateinc.com/support/documents/additional_software_authorization_approval_form.pdf

It does all centre on the 'Previous Version Eligible Product List' http://download.autodesk.com/us/subctr/pdfs/previous_versions/2013/pv_list_eng.pdf  That will obviously change every year.

And the ‘Autodesk Subscription Terms and Conditions’

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=7942019

We will not be installing the new ‘2015-2012’ licence file as that will bump off 2011.
The package license file contains a set number of licenses for four different versions of your software.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2014/ENU/Autodesk-Licensing/fil...

Service packs on the official http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/ will only cover current plus three so it may be advisable to download them all but you can find the odd one’s scattered around autodesk site.

All you need is 3 months and a law degree and you’re sorted 🙂

If anyone has any other information then please post.

I do have the full Autodesk conversation so PM if required.

I hope this all helps and Kudos are always welcome.

Regards

Warren.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report