Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New part contraint

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
299 Views, 7 Replies

New part contraint

Hello,

Inventor 2012 - when I create a new part, it constrains the part to the sketch plane.  I know I can turn that off, but, I cannot remember where.  Can anyone tell me where I turn that option off?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jletcher
in reply to: Anonymous

Turn what off the plane or when you start a new part the sketch is already active and on a plane?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Sorry, I forgot to mention that this occurs when creating a new part in an assembly.  Right now it creates a flush constraint.

Message 4 of 8
japike

Is this what you are looking for?

Peace,
Jeff
Inventor 2022
Message 5 of 8
mcgyvr

??

When you insert a part into a new assembly the first part is "grounded" not constrained..

Simply right click on that part and uncheck the grounded option and then you are free to move your part where you want it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: japike

Yes, that is what I am looking for, where is that in Inventor 2012.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

I am creating a new part in assembly, not inserting a part.  The new part is constrained to the sketch plane (in assembly).  I know all I have to do is delete the constraint, but I know I can turn that feature off, I just can't remember where it is.

Message 8 of 8
japike

It should be in the same place. If the assembly is empty there won't be a check box. For any parts added after the first there should be the check box.

Peace,
Jeff
Inventor 2022

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report