Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

ChrisBorthwick
Message 1 of 4 (377 Views)

New Inventor session opens when I open a new drawing

377 Views, 3 Replies
01-18-2013 02:27 AM

Every time I open a new drawing a new Inventor session starts up and the drawing is opened in there. It's ok if I go through file-open etc in a current Inventor session but I don't want to open drawings like that all the time. If I open 5 drawings at once they start up in 5 seperate Inventor sessions! I can't seem to find an option to change this, is it an inventor problem or windows?

Thanks!

Contributor
scottph
Message 2 of 4 (349 Views)

Re: New Inventor session opens when I open a new drawing

01-18-2013 02:41 PM in reply to: ChrisBorthwick

It does not work like that for me, all documents open in the running session.  So I asked around and the only suggestion I could get is to use the task manager to kill all Inventor and explorer sessions.  Restart explorer, then restart Inventor.  Inventor registers with explorer, and it might prompt a re-registration.

This might not help, but it's all I could come up with.  If I get anything else I'll let you know, though.

*Expert Elite*
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 3 of 4 (346 Views)

01-18-2013 02:47 PM in reply to: ChrisBorthwick

Hi ChrisBorthwick,

It might help to tell others the version of Inventor and Windows you're using.

example:

Inventor 2013 - Service Pack 1.1

Windows 7 - Service Pack 1

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

*Expert Elite*
blair
Message 4 of 4 (335 Views)

01-18-2013 05:52 PM in reply to: ChrisBorthwick

The proper methodolgy is to start Inventor first, make sure that you are using the correct Project file, then select New and then the required drawing template.

It sounds like you are doing something else such as using Windows Explorer to navigate to where your drawing template is stored. If this is the case, then a new version of Inventor will open.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

IV2015 SP1 PDSU / Sim Mech 2015 r1 /
Win7-64
EVGA X79 - Classified, iCore7 3930k 32Gb Quad-Channel
950Gb (2 x 500Gb Sata III SSD RAID0 Adaptec 6805E Controller)
Nvidia GTX-690 Classified - 344.75
SpacePilot Pro 10.2.0 / 17.2.0.11011 / 4.17
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.