Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New IBL Environments

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
RobJV
3761 Views, 10 Replies

New IBL Environments

Hi,

I know there isn't presently a supported way of getting new IBL environments (Empty Lab, Dry Salt Bed etc...) into Inventor but this would sure make a great Labs application or update available to customers.  Bill Bogan or others at Autodesk, do you have any insight into what will be availlable or if we will be able to see some new environments.  Even some new IBL downloads would be great.

Thanks,

Rob

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Bill_Bogan1
in reply to: RobJV

Hi Rob,

Thanks for bringing this up. We are aware of the need for additional environments for Inventor.

I can't go into details, of course, but suffice it to say we're well aware of the issue.

With the diverse industries using Inventor, it would be a good idea to make it possible to get/build what you need.

Thanks again,

Bill

Bill Bogan
Principal Content Experience Designer
CXD
PDMS-DiD-Digital Manufacturing
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 11
DaveRank3265
in reply to: Bill_Bogan1

Any update on this?

I want to create a new environment like the Old Warehouse but using my client's real location.

I have 3DS Max.  I see the .exr and .fbx files in the Environments folder.  Image map .png's are straightforward.

--rcc Dave
Message 4 of 11
RobJV

Inventor 2013 - any step by step tutorials to allow this or any way of installing new IBL environments?

If I knew for sure it worked I could muddle my way through the xml, hdri image, png files etc.  but do not want to try if it is impossible.

Thanks,

Rob

Message 5 of 11
juanchonesa8703

Good day,

This might sound unusual, but I'm having trouble with IBL Environments on Inventor, I designed a part in my workstation, I did not set up any environment for this, however, I transfered this part to a coworker and now the part shows up with an IBL Environment on his workstation.. the question is, how do I turn the environment off? nothing seems to be different when I go to the Inventor Studio tab but the environment is still on, this makes the edition and analysis of the model really difficult.

Thank you,

Juan

Tags (2)
Message 6 of 11
RobJV
in reply to: juanchonesa8703

Nothing to do with studio and nothing unusual.  Your coworker simply has the IBL turned on in the view settings.  Just turn it to default or two lights.

Message 7 of 11
wesley.pazian

Is there any up date about having extra IBLs?

The Old Warehouse is the only one used to create a presentation for all our clients and internal projects, It would be great to have some more options.

Message 8 of 11
mcgyvr
in reply to: wesley.pazian

Don't think there is any update still..

Fairly sure you can create new ones in showcase though..

Of course the Autodesk help page says you can go to the Autodesk APP exchange and download/purchase new ones but I can't find any at all..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 9 of 11
karthur1

I would like to build my own environemt.  Is there any new developments on how to do this in Inventor 2015?

Thanks,

Kirk

Message 10 of 11
gcook
in reply to: karthur1

I would like to second this request.  I asked this question of Gary Smith many years ago, and very little has been done.

We make research and testing euipment, and the closest IBL is the "Empty Lab", but the IBL is set up so your machine ends up on top of the counter.  The old warehouse is not a good way to show case fancy clean tech equipment.  2015 adds a few IBL based lighting styles, but not realistic environments (the Alps?  Dry Salt Bed?  Desert Dawn Road?  Who uses those?).

So, to echo other users, being able to make your own, or at least have some more realistic envroments for machinery would be nice.

Gary

Message 11 of 11
karthur1
in reply to: gcook

FWIW, here is a IdeaStation entry on importing custom IBL environments.

Kirk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report