Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Contributor
enigma
Message 11 of 16 (122 Views)

Re: new hardware suggestions

12-19-2013 01:00 PM in reply to: enigma

And as an update to the original post; Never really got a chance to do any "shoot out" stype of tests and comparisons on cards because of various hardware conflicts, we did test some SSD drives in a RAID configuration, but long story short....new supercomputer on order (from Dell).

Ultimately it's the software code that restricts the performance of large models, as current 3D software does not take advantage of multi core processors, but until then it's throw as much Ram/GPU/Disk I/O as you can at it seemed to be the "work around".

New PC will be a Xeon 3.3 ghz quad core T7600, Windows 7 64 bit, 2x SSD 512GB drives in Raid, dual SLI Nvidia Quadro K5000, and a 128GB 1600mhz ddr3 Ram.

Should be good for awhile :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Contributor
alh-alliedmin
Message 12 of 16 (116 Views)

12-19-2013 01:28 PM in reply to: enigma

Do you use any of the workflow features?

Do you have any crashing or strange work arounds with Adept?

Does anyone outside of the Inventor users use the Adept Client?

Would you be willing to attach a screen grab of the renaming in Adept?

Contributor
enigma
Message 13 of 16 (108 Views)

12-19-2013 01:53 PM in reply to: enigma

Yes we use the workflows, that was one of the many selling points for us. There is the odd crash now and then, but nothing that different from any other software in my experience. If there is something really odd, their customer support is nothing short of stellar. I can't think of any work arounds for any issues we might have, everything works pretty much as planned.

We have several departments using Adept that our outside of our engineering/inventor group. Customer service, Procurement, and R&D departments are the current users. The ongoing plan is to get it used company wide as we phase the other departments in.

Contributor
enigma
Message 14 of 16 (106 Views)

12-19-2013 02:00 PM in reply to: enigma

rename.jpgScreen shot as you asked for. It's pretty simple; search for the files you want to rename (I searched for "children" of this particular assembly), then just hilight the files you want to rename, and then fill in the options you want to use in the "file rename options" area. It's just that easy.

Distinguished Contributor
alh-alliedmin
Message 15 of 16 (98 Views)

12-19-2013 02:28 PM in reply to: enigma

That does look alittle smoother than the Vault Basic we are currently using.

I also see there are Content Center parts listed on your image.

Does the Adept Server also host the Contenet Center like Basic Vault does?

I truly appreciate your time and answers. Thank you.

Contributor
enigma
Message 16 of 16 (94 Views)

12-19-2013 02:40 PM in reply to: enigma

Yes it does. Again, makes renaming content center files to company standards extremely easy.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.