Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 2013 Inventor App on Autodesk Exchange

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
jeanie.wayker
1462 Views, 9 Replies

New 2013 Inventor App on Autodesk Exchange

I am excited to announce the Learning Experience (LX) team at Autodesk has published a quick start guide on Autodesk Exchange that explains how to create your own Interactive Tutorial for in Inventor 2013 and customize the Welcome Screen!!!

The App installs a Quick Start guide, an MP4 video, and two starter templates.

***The LX team has just empowered Inventor 2013 users to create custom content.****

To download the Inventor 2013 Interactive Tutorial Guide App:

Direct links :

Be sure to give the App a review!!!

Thank you,

Jeanie Wayker, Autodesk

jwsm.png

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
DarrenP
in reply to: jeanie.wayker

the results come up blank

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
DarrenP

those links worked

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
jeanie.wayker
in reply to: DarrenP

Thank you so much. I am really excited about this new feature and am really looking forward to getting feedback from everyone.

Thank you,

Jeanie

jwsm.png

Message 5 of 10
kmiller

Hi there,

Could you give me a little more of a specific overview before I download the app??  I was actually just looking at putting together sort of a simple hyperlinked webpage for our users to be able to find different process instructions, standards, etc... that we use in our department.  Right now there are about 3-4 major software's they use (Vault, Autocad, Revit, and Inventor) and am finding the need for instructions and documentation more important since the software's are so different.  Currently they are scattered about on our network.  It would be nice to be able to build all of this information into each application. 

Is the app limited to customizing just videos or can we add links to open view documents such as PDF, word, or excel files?? 

Is there talk about putting this functionality into each the CAD, and Revit products? 

My apologies right off hand on this, I thought I might have heard something at one point.  I have not done much research on the 2013 features yet so maybe it is an option already???

Thanks in advance!

Katie

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this response answers your question please click "Accept as Solution".
Message 6 of 10

Hi Katie,

If you are looking at putting together hyperlinked webpage from within Inventor, this functionality already exists!!! Take a look at the attached documentation. You can configure the Team Web command (via Application Options) to link to any URL: Intranet, Internet or just a file on a local drive or server. 

Please take a look and let me know if this is what you are looking to use.

To clarify: The Interactive Tutorial Guide App posted on Autodesk Exchange is a 'how to' guide for creating an Interactive tutorial and adding the tutorial to the welcome screen.

I think the Team Web command may provide what you are looking for!

Please let me know if this works out for you.

Thank you

Jeanie Wayker, Autodesk

Message 7 of 10
kmiller

Thanks - I will take a look at it.

Appreciate the assistance. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 8 of 10
kmiller

I know this is probably off subject, but do you have any idea if AutoCAD and/or Revit has any similar functionality off hand?

Message 9 of 10
jeanie.wayker
in reply to: kmiller

Hi Katy,

I do not know since this command was devolped for Invenotr - but I will make some inqueries for you to find out.

Please let me know if this works out for you within Inventor. Meanwhile, I will try to find out if Revit/AutoCAD have a similar type of command.

Thank YOU!

Jeanie

Message 10 of 10
kmiller

Thank you,

I appreciate the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report